A Matrix Of Demand Elasticities For Fresh Fruit
AbstractA matrix of direct, cross and income demand elasticities at farm level for 14 fresh fruits was estimated using the mixed estimation technique. Prior estimates were derived from past research and application of the symmetry relation, cross induction and subjective judgment. There were no statistically significant conflicts between the sample and prior information. Even though estimation efficiency increased with the mixed technique, only a limited number of cross elasticities could be estimated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Western Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 04 (1979)
Issue (Month): 01 (July)
Demand and Price Analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pasour, E.C., Jr., 1965. "An Analysis of Intraseasonal Apple Price Movements," Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 1.
- Durham, Catherine A. & Eales, James S., 2006.
"Demand Elasticities for Fresh Fruit at the Retail Level,"
2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA
21099, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Catherine Durham & James Eales, 2010. "Demand elasticities for fresh fruit at the retail level," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(11), pages 1345-1354.
- Xiao-Yun Gao & A. Desmond O'Rourke, 1992. "Demand analysis of the Pacific Coast pear industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 323-333.
- Florkowski, Wojciech J. & Carew, Richard, 2011. "An Analysis of Price Determination in the Sweet Cherry Markets of British Columbia, Washington, Oregon and California," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114352, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.