Cattle Ranching Production And Marketing Strategies Under Combined Price And Weather Risks
AbstractA procedure using linear programming and Bayesian analysis for incorporating risks associated with cattle prices and forage yields was developed for maximizing net ranch income in the Southern Plains of Texas. Risk-efficient production/marketing (buy/sell) strategies included strategies which assume normal and low cattle prices and low and normal forage production. Only one of the enterprises in the risk-efficient strategies constituted a traditional marketing approach of spring buying and fall selling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Western Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Western Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1990)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Olson, Kent D. & Mikesell, Chris L., 1988. "The Range Stocking Decision And Stochastic Forage Production," Staff Papers 13502, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Musser, Wesley N. & Shurley, W. Donald & Williams, Floyd W., 1980. "An E-V Analysis Of Beef Calf Backgrounding Systems In Georgia," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 12(02), December.
- Bunn, Julie A., 1998. "Government Policy, Wind Erosion, And Economic Viability In Semi-Arid Agriculture: The Case Of The Southern Texas High Plains," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(02), December.
- Popp, Michael P. & Faminow, Merle D. & Parsch, Lucas D., 1998. "Adoption Of Backgrounding On Cow-Calf Farms," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20800, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Colette, W. Arden & Almas, Lal K. & Hittle, Chad A., 2003. "Utilizing Expected Revenue In Selecting Optimal Marketing Alternatives For Fixed Resource Cow/Calf Operators In The Texas Panhandle," 2003 Annual Meeting, February 1-5, 2003, Mobile, Alabama 35187, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.