Food Stamps and Obesity: Ironic Twist or Complex Puzzle?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service in its journal Amber Waves.
Volume (Year): (2006)
Issue (Month): (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1400 Independence Ave.,SW, Mail Stop 1800, Washington, DC 20250-1800
Web page: http://ers.usda.gov/AmberWaves/
More information through EDIRC
Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety; Food Security and Poverty;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alston, Julian M. & Sumner, Daniel A. & Vosti, Stephen A., 2008. "Farm subsidies and obesity in the United States: National evidence and international comparisons," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 470-479, December.
- Alston, Julian M. & Mullally, Conner C. & Sumner, Daniel A. & Townsend, Marilyn & Vosti, Stephen A., 2009. "Likely effects on obesity from proposed changes to the US food stamp program," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 176-184, April.
- Mandal, Bidisha & Chern, Wen S., 2006. "Econometric Analysis of Rising Body Mass Index in the U.S.: 1996 versus 2002," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21136, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Roy, Manan & Millimet, Daniel L. & Tchernis, Rusty, 2010.
"Federal Nutrition Programs and Childhood Obesity: Inside the Black Box,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5316, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Manan Roy & Daniel Millimet & Rusty Tchernis, 2012. "Federal nutrition programs and childhood obesity: inside the black box," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 1-38, March.
- Just, David R., 2006. "Behavioral Economics, Food Assistance, and Obesity," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 35(2), October.
- Mancino, Lisa & Newman, Constance, 2006. "Who's cooking? Time spent preparing food by gender, income and household composition," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21456, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.