Dynamic Relationships and Efficiency of Rice Byproduct Prices
AbstractThis article analyzes the dynamic relationships among weekly prices of price byproducts, long gram rice, and corn, using causality tests and dynamic multipliers The authors use forecasts to evaluate the time series model rice byproducts prices may be influenced more by shifts 10 demand than 10 supply. Long gram rice prices are related to brewers and seconds prices, but not to bran or mill feed prices Mill feed and corn prices move together. Corn prices exhibited no consistent relationship With seconds, brewers, or long gram prices
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service in its journal Agricultural Economics Research.
Volume (Year): (1985)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1400 Independence Ave.,SW, Mail Stop 1800, Washington, DC 20250-1800
Web page: http://www.ers.usda.gov/
More information through EDIRC
Prices; rice; byproducts; causality; multipliers; Crop Production/Industries; Demand and Price Analysis; Productivity Analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kost, Wiliam E., 1980. "Model Validation And The Net Trade Model," Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 2.
- Hsiao, Cheng, 1982. "Autoregressive modeling and causal ordering of economic variables," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 243-259, November.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Danthine, Jean-Pierre, 1977. "Martingale, market efficiency and commodity prices," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 1-17.
- Conway, Roger K. & Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Yanagida, John F. & Muehlen, Peter von zur, 1984. "The Impossibility of Causality Testing," Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 3.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.