Analyzing Tenure Arrangements And Crop Rotations Using Farm Simulation And Probit Analysis
AbstractWhole farm simulation analysis and econometric techniques are employed in an analysis of crop rotations and tenure arrangement strategies. The FLIPSIM model is used to analyze a representative Texas Upper Gulf Coast rice and soybean farm. Probit analysis is then used to determine the impact of net cash farm income, land tenure, and crop rotation on probability of survival. Results suggest that, although the simulation model is useful in providing information on the effect at the farm level of following the different strategies, probit results provide greater understanding into the returns and risk inherent to each strategy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1986)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anderson, Jock R. & Feder, Gershon, 2007. "Agricultural Extension," Handbook of Agricultural Economics, Elsevier.
- Brandao, Elizabeth & McCarl, Bruce A. & Schuh, G. Edward, 1984. "Predicting The Impact Of New Cropping Practices Upon Subsistence Farming: A Farm Level Analysis In Brazil," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 9(02), December.
- Musser, Wesley N. & Alexander, Vickie J. & Tew, Bernard V. & Smittle, Doyle A., 1985. "A Mathematical Programming Model For Vegetable Rotations," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Oriade, Caleb A. & Dillon, Carl R., 1997. "Developments in biophysical and bioeconomic simulation of agricultural systems: a review," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 45-58, October.
- Oriade, Caleb A. & Dillon, Carl R., 1997. "Developments in biophysical and bioeconomic simulation of agricultural systems: a review," Agricultural Economics: The Journal of the International Association of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 17(1), October.
- Cole, John D. & Pattanaik, Nalini & Janssen, Larry, 2006. "Impacts of Land Ownership and Debt Levels on Farm Survival and Financial Growth," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21477, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.