The Agricultural Risk Management Simulator Microcomputer Program
AbstractThe Agricultural Risk Management Simulator (ARMS) is a microcomputer program designed to help users evaluate strategies for managing yield and price risk in crop farming operations. Risk management strategies are defined by choices regarding crop mix, the purchase of multiple peril crop insurance, and the use of forward contracting. Probabilistic budgeting is used to determine the net cash flow probability distribution for each strategy considered. Flexibility with regard to both sources of probabilistic information and the form of yield and price probability distributions is a noteworthy feature of the program.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (1988)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
Risk and Uncertainty;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- King, Robert P. & Fackler, Paul L., 1985. "Probabilistic Price Forecasts Based On Commodity Option Values," Staff Papers 14030, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Ralston, Roger E. & Knight, Thomas O. & Coble, Keith H. & Lippke, Lawrence A., 1990. "The Wheat And Stocker Cattle Analyzer: A Microcomputer Decision Aid For Evaluating Wheat Production And Stocker Cattle Grazing Decisions," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 22(01), July.
- Richardson, James W. & Klose, Steven L. & Gray, Allan W., 2000. "An Applied Procedure For Estimating And Simulating Multivariate Empirical (Mve) Probability Distributions In Farm-Level Risk Assessment And Policy Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(02), August.
- Ludena, Carlos E. & McNamara, Kevin T. & Hammer, P. Allen & Foster, Kenneth A., 2003. "Development Of A Stochastic Model To Evaluate Plant Growers' Enterprise Budgets," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 21942, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Trapp, James N., 1989. "A Commodity Market Simulation Game For Teaching Market Risk Management," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.