Simulation: Methodology and Application in Agricultural Economics
AbstractThe diverse modelling activity coming under a defined concept of Simulation is reviewed first through a general outline of suggested methodology and secondly through a survey of applications in agricultural economics and kindred disciplines. The review concludes with a consideration of present problems with and future prospects for this increasingly important tool.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its journal Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (1974)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mapp, Harry P., Jr. & Eidman, Vernon R., 1975. "Simulation Of Soil Water-Crop Yield Systems: The Potential For Economic Analysis," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 7(01), July.
- Greig, I.D., 1981. "Agricultural Research Management and the Ex Ante Evaluation of Research Proposals : A Review," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(02), August.
- Shibia, Mumina Guyo, 2010. "Evaluation of Economic Losses in Rearing Replacement Heifers in Pastoral and Peri-Urban Camel Herds of Isiolo District, Kenya," Research Theses 134493, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Jock R. Anderson, 1983.
"On Risk Deductions In Public Project Appraisal,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 27(3), pages 231-239, December.
- Hall, Nigel H. & Menz, Kenneth M., 1985. "Product Supply Elasticities for the Australian Broadacre Industries, Estimated with a Programming Model," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 53(01), April.
- Myers, Robert J. & Piggott, Roley R. & MacAulay, T. Gordon, 1985.
"Effects Of Past Australian Wheat Price Policies On Key Industry Variables,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 29(01), April.
- Robert J. Myers & Roley R. Piggott & T. Gordon MacAulay, 1985. "Effects Of Past Australian Wheat Price Policies On Key Industry Variables," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 29(1), pages 1-15, 04.
- Held, Larry J. & Helmers, Glenn A., 1981. "Growth And Survival In Wheat Farming: The Impact Of Land Expansion And Borrowing Restraints," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 6(02), December.
- Ramirez, Octavio A. & Sosa, Romeo, 2000. "Assessing The Financial Risks Of Diversified Coffee Production Systems: An Alternative Nonnormal Cdf Estimation Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(01), July.
- Beck, Anthony C. & Dent, J. Barry, 1987. "A Farm Growth Model For Policy Analysis In An Extensive Pastoral Production System," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 31(01), April.
- Ramirez, Octavio A. & Sosa, Romeo, 2000. "Risk Analysis Under Correlated, Non-Normal Price And Yield Probability Distributions," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21888, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Anderson, J.R., 1989. "Forecasting, uncertainty, and public project appraisal," Policy Research Working Paper Series 154, The World Bank.
- Nelson, Glenn L. & Stenberg, Peter L., 1987. "A Simulation Model Of A Political Economy," Staff Papers 14258, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Ramirez, Octavio A. & Somarriba, Eduardo, 2000. "Risk And Returns Of Diversified Cropping Systems Under Nonnormal, Cross-, And Autocorrelated Commodity Price Structures," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(02), December.
- Mole, Paulo Nicua, 2000. "Smallholder Cashew Development Opportunities and Linkages to Food Security in Nampula Province, Mozambique: Summary of Findings and Implications for Policy, Research and Extension Efforts," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 56043, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Johnson, A. K. L. & Cramb, R. A., 1996. "Integrated land evaluation to generate risk-efficient land-use options in a coastal catchment," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 287-305.
- Oriade, Caleb A. & Dillon, Carl R., 1997. "Developments in biophysical and bioeconomic simulation of agricultural systems: a review," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 45-58, October.
- Ramirez, Octavio A. & McDonald, Tanya U., 2006. "The Expanded Johnson System: A Highly Flexible Crop Yield Distribution Model," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21455, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.