On Some Aspects of Organizational Efficiency in the Queensland Cattle Slaughtering Industry
AbstractAn examination based on stochastic plant location analysis was made of organizational efficiency in the Queensland cattle slaughtering industry. Short-run models were used to highlight forces influencing commodity flows and plant utilization levels in the industry. These models were also used to explore effects of freight equalization arrangements. Freight equalization was found to involve annual costs of resource misallocation of the order of $1 million. Potential efficiency gains through improved plant locations and sizes were also estimated and found to be at least $4.4 million.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its journal Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 54 (1986)
Issue (Month): 02 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- P.A. Cassidy & W.O. McCarthy & H.I. Toft, 1970. "An Application Of Spatial Analysis To Beef Slaughter Plant Location And Size, Queensland," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 14(1), pages 1-20, 06.
- Ferguson, D.C. & McCarthy, W.O., 1970. "A Spatial Analysis Approach to Size and Location of Australian Wool Selling Centres," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 38(04), December.
- Cassidy, P.A. & McCarthy, W.O. & Toft, H.I., 1970. "An Application Of Spatial Analysis To Beef Slaughter Plant Location And Size, Queensland," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 14(01), June.
- Kilmer, Richard L. & Armbruster, Walter J., 1984. "Methods For Evaluating Economic Efficiency In Agricultural Marketing," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Miller, Stephen E., 1984. "Discussion: Methods For Evaluating Economic Efficiency In Agricultural Marketing," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.