Economic Issues in Farm-to-Port Grain Storage, Handling and Transport
AbstractIn this paper, the literature on the economics of grain distribution systems is reviewed. The emphasis of this review is on farm to port issues and largely excludes port and shipping issues. In the first part of the paper, the discussion centres on the historical institutional environment in Australia, which was heavily regulated. The second part of the paper highlights some of the issues relating to the pricing of central grain distribution services that continue to exist even in the more competitive environment which has emerged in the 1990's. The scope for future agricultural economics research in this area is discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its journal Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 63 (1995)
Issue (Month): 01 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wilson, William W., 1989. "Posted Prices and Auctions in Rail Grain Transportation," Statistical Series Reports 146443, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Wilson, William W., 1989. "Posted Prices and Auctions in Rail Grain Transportation," Staff Papers 146443, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Hobbs, Benjamin F, 1986. "Mill Pricing versus Spatial Price Discrimination under Bertrand and Cournot Spatial Competition," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(2), pages 173-91, December.
- Brennan, Donna C. & Lindner, Robert K., 1991. "Investing In Grain Storage Facilities Under Fluctuating Production," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 35(02), August.
- Farrell, Terence C., 2004. "Grower representation and its impact on the governance structure of the Australian Grains Industry," 2004 Conference (48th), February 11-13, 2004, Melbourne, Australia 58447, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.