Structural Change and Performance of Grain Marketing Cooperatives
AbstractThe U.S. grain marketing system has undergone many structural changes in the 1980s. In no part of the system has structural change been more far-reaching and extensive than in farmer-owned cooperatives. The purpose of this paper is to analyze changes in grain marketing and induced structural adjustments in grain marketing cooperatives at the local, regional, and interregional levels. The impact of these structural changes on the competitive posture of cooperatives in the grain marketing system is also discussed along with structural adjustments anticipated in the 1990s.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by National Council of Farmer Cooperatives in its journal Journal of Agricultural Cooperation.
Volume (Year): 6 (1991)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cobia, David W. & Coon, Randal C., 1986. "Pricing Systems of Trainloading Country Elevator Cooperatives: A Summary," Agricultural Economics Reports 23275, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Reynolds, Bruce, 1980. "Producers Export Company: The Beginnings Of Cooperative Grain Exporting," Farmer Cooperative Research Report (FCRR) 152840, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Cobia, David W. & Wilson, William W. & Gunn, Steven P. & Coon, Randal C., 1986. "Pricing Systems of Trainloading Country Elevator Cooperatives," Agricultural Economics Reports 23182, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Gunn, Steven P. & Cobia, David W., 1989. "Strategies for Survival in the Country Elevator Industry," Agricultural Economics Miscellaneous Reports 119546, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Joan R. Fulton & Robert P. King, 1993. "Relationships among information expenditure, economic performance, and size in local grain marketing cooperatives in the upper midwest," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 143-157.
- Murray E. Fulton & Joan R. Fulton & J. Stephen Clark & Claudia Parliament, 1995. "Cooperative growth: Is it constrained?," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 245-261.
- Zeuli, Kimberly A. & Foltz, Jeremy D., 2005. "Managerial Incentives, Moral Hazard, and Structural Change in Agricultural Cooperatives," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19226, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.