Technological Change In Meat And Poultry-Packing And Processing
AbstractNonparametric procedures are used to compare technological change in SIC 2011, meatpacking, and SIC 2015, poultry slaughter and processing. There has been a greater increase in total factor productivity in poultry than in the red meats. Evidence also suggests recent differences in the bias of this technological change, with production changes being labor using in poultry and biased towards greater efficiency in the use of live animal inputs in meatpacking.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (1994)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
Red meat; Poultry; Meatpacking; Technological change; Nonparametric analysis; Livestock Production/Industries; Research and Development/Tech Change/Emerging Technologies;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Noelke, Corinna M. & Raper, Kellie Curry, 1998. "Parametric And Nonparametric Market Power Tests: An Empirical Investigation," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20875, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Noelke, Corinna M. & Raper, Kellie Curry, 1999. "Nonstructural And Statistical Nonparametric Market Power Tests: An Empirical Investigation," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21645, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Raper, Kellie Curry & Love, H. Alan, 1999. "MONOPSONY POWER IN MULTIPLE INPUT MARKETS: A Nonparametric Approach," Staff Papers 11656, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Raper, Kellie Curry & Noelke, Corinna M., 2001. "Deterministic Nonparametric Market Power Tests: An Empirical Investigation," Staff Papers 11757, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Morrison Paul, Catherine J., 1999. "Production Structure And Trends In The U.S. Meat And Poultry Products Industries," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(02), December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.