Hedonic Estimation Applied To The Farmland Market In Georgia
AbstractFarmland offered for its productive or consumptive value may be viewed as a class of goods characteristic of product differentiation. Using the generalized Box-Cox transformation, an unrestricted hedonic model was employed to derive implicit valuations of parcel attributes. Results suggest that the significance and level of importance of attributes on land pricing depends on the spatial extent of markets in Georgia. Differences in the productive or consumptive use of farmland may imply that different factors and functional forms are appropriate to different farmland markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (1994)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
Farmland prices; Functional form; Hedonic pricing; Land Economics/Use;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard W. Dunford & Carole E. Marti & Ronald C. Mittelhammer, 1997. "A Case Study of Rural Land Prices at the Urban Fringe Including Subjective Buyer Expectations," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 62(1), pages 10-16.
- Nivens, Heather D. & Kastens, Terry L. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Featherstone, Allen M., 2002. "Using Satellite Imagery In Predicting Kansas Farmland Values," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(02), December.
- Plantinga, Andrew J. & Lubowski, Ruben N. & Stavins, Robert N., 2002.
"The effects of potential land development on agricultural land prices,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 561-581, November.
- Stavins, Robert & Plantinga, Andrew & Lubowski, Ruben, 2002. "The Effects of Potential Land Development on Agricultural Land Prices," Discussion Papers dp-02-11-, Resources For the Future.
- Plantinga, Andrew & Lubowski, Ruben & Stavins, Robert, 2002. "The Effects of Potential Land Development on Agricultural Land Prices," Working Paper Series rwp02-012, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Miller, Andrew D. & Langley, Suchada V. & Chambers, William, 2003.
"Current Issues Affecting Trade And Trade Policy: An Annotated Literature Review,"
14606, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Miller, Andrew D. & Langley, Suchada V. & Chambers, William, 2003. "Current Issues Affecting Trade And Trade Policy: An Annotated Literature Review," Working Papers 14596, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Elodie Letort Author-X-Name- First: Elodie Author-X-Name- Last: Letort & Chalachew Temesgen, 2013. "Influence of environmental policies on farmland prices in the Bretagne region of France," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 201306, INRA UMR SMART.
- Ma, Shan & Swinton, Scott M., 2011. "Valuation of ecosystem services from rural landscapes using agricultural land prices," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(9), pages 1649-1659, July.
- Lynch, Lori & Lovell, Sabrina J., 2001.
"Factors Influencing Participation In Agricultural Land Preservation Programs,"
28590, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Lynch, Lori & Lovell, Sabrina J., 2001. "Factors Influencing Participation In Agricultural Land Preservation Programs," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20714, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jeanty, Pierre Wilner & Kraybill, David S. & Libby, Lawrence W. & Sohngen, Brent, 2002. "Effects Of Local Development Pressure On Land Prices: A Spatial Economic Approach," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19767, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Oltmer, Katrin & Florax, Raymond J.G.M., 2001. "Impacts Of Agricultural Policy Reform On Land Prices: A Quantitative Analysis Of The Literature," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20507, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Rakesh Paliwal & Gejo Geevarghese & P. Ram Babu & P. Khanna, 1999. "Valuation of Landmass Degradation Using Fuzzy Hedonic Method: A Case Study of National Capital Region," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(4), pages 519-543, December.
- Jason Winfree & Jill McCluskey & Ron Mittelhammer, 2006. "Buyer-Type Effects in Conservation and Preservation Property Values," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 167-179, September.
- Winfree, Jason A. & McCluskey, Jill J. & Mittelhammer, Ronald C., 2002. "An Option Value Approach To Valuing Preservation Properties," 2002 Annual Meeting, July 28-31, 2002, Long Beach, California 36619, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Philip Kostov & Myles Patton & Seamus McErlean, 2008. "Nonparametric analysis of the influence of buyers' characteristics and personal relationships on agricultural land prices," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 161-176.
- Kennedy, Gary A. & Henning, Steven A. & Vandeveer, Lonnie R. & Dai, Ming, 1997. "An Empirical Analysis Of The Louisiana Rural Land Market," Station Bulletins 31682, Louisiana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.