Strategic Alliances in the U.S. Beef Supply Chain
AbstractThis study analyzes vertical-coordination practices in the U.S. beef supply chain focusing on strategic alliances. We present results from a survey of beef alliances describing their organizational structure, the nature of participantsÂ’' involvement, contractual requirements, information-sharing practices, services offered to alliance participants, and marketing strategies. Survey results provide a detailed description of 13 beef alliances and are intended to inform potential participants about vertical-coordination alternatives. In addition, the study provides relevant information for future economic research on the formation, organization, and functioning of beef alliances.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Food Distribution Research Society in its journal Journal of Food Distribution Research.
Volume (Year): 36 (2005)
Issue (Month): 03 (November)
Livestock Production/Industries; Marketing;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peterson, H. Christopher & Wysocki, Allen F. & Harsh, Stephen B., 2001.
"Strategic Choice Along The Vertical Coordination Continuum,"
International Food and Agribusiness Management Review,
International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 4(02).
- Peterson, H. Christopher & Wysocki, Allen F., 1998. "Strategic Choice Along The Vertical Coordination Continuum," Staff Papers 11651, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Martinez, Stephen W., 1999. "Vertical Coordination in the Pork and Broiler Industries: Implications for Pork and Chicken Products," Agricultural Economics Reports 34031, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Wayne D. Purcell & William T. Hudson, 2003. "Risk Sharing and Compensation Guides for Managers and Members of Vertical Beef Alliances," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 44-65.
- Victoria Salin, 2000. "Information Technology and Cattle-Beef Supply Chains," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(5), pages 1105-1111.
- Thomas L. Sporleder, 1994. "Assessing Vertical Strategic Alliances by Agribusiness," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 42(4), pages 533-540, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.