Market Segmentation Practices of Retail Crop Input Firms
AbstractThe farmers targeted by crop input retailers may be divided into distinct groups or segments, but retail crop input firms vary in their ability to implement strategies to serve individual segments. In this study, segmentation practices among cooperatives and independently owned crop input retailers were explored. Addressing gaps between Bestâ€™s seven-step market segmentation framework and retailer practices will help practitioners serve evolving farmer-customers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA) in its journal International Food and Agribusiness Management Review.
Volume (Year): 12 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
market segmentation; target marketing; crop inputs; distribution channel; retailer; Marketing; Q10; Q13;
Other versions of this item:
- Jay Akridge & Mike Boehlje & Allan Gray & Aaron Reimer, 2007. "Market Segmentation Practices Of Retail Crop Input Firms," Working Papers 07-03, Purdue University, College of Agriculture, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gloy, Brent A. & Akridge, Jay T., 1999. "Segmenting The Commercial Producer Marketplace For Agricultural Inputs," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 2(02).
- Gloy, Brent A. & Akridge, Jay T., 1999. "Segmenting The Commercial Producer Market For Agricultural Inputs," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21592, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Feeney, Roberto & Berardi, Valeria, 2013. "Seed Market Segmentation: How Do Argentine Farmers Buy Their Expendable Inputs?," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 16(1).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.