Information Technology In Agri-Food Supply Chains
AbstractHigh-tech information systems can offer competitive advantages to agri-food firms when the systems support a supply chain strategy that suits the demand for the product. This article discusses differences between supply chains for functional versus innovative products and the relevance for managers in agri-food firms. Unique characteristics of agriculture and food products and economic concentration in food industries affect the appropriate supply chain approach.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA) in its journal International Food and Agribusiness Management Review.
Volume (Year): 01 (1998)
Issue (Month): 03 ()
Agribusiness; Industrial Organization;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krueger, Angela & Salin, Victoria, 1998. "Management And Information At U.S. Agribusinesses: Perspectives From The Cattle-Beef Sector," Faculty Paper Series 24004, Texas A&M University, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Higgins, Andrew & Thorburn, Peter & Archer, Ainsley & Jakku, Emma, 2007. "Opportunities for value chain research in sugar industries," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 611-621, June.
- Denolf, Janne.M. & Wognum, Nel P.M. & Trienekens, Jacques H. & van der Vorst, Jack G.A.J. & Omta, S.W.F. (Onno), 2012. "Towards a Supply-Chain Instrument to Monitor an Information Technology Implementation," 2012 International European Forum, February 13-17, 2012, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 144968, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Ahumada, Omar & Villalobos, J. Rene, 2009. "Application of planning models in the agri-food supply chain: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 196(1), pages 1-20, July.
- Salin, Victoria & Jones, Eluned & Williams, Gary W., 2007. "Economic Evaluation of Action Plans for Pathogen Control in Almonds," Reports 90499, Texas A&M University, Agribusiness, Food, and Consumer Economics Research Center.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.