Quality Premiums For Australian Wheat In The Growing Asian Markets
AbstractAn hedonic price function is applied to Australia's wheat exports to the growing Asian markets. The values for the quality characteristics in the wheat markets of Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, and Thailand are estimated. The data base for the study is from the Australian Wheat Board shipments over the period 1984 to 1991. The sample is divided into two separate time periods to test the consistency in demand for export wheat and to trace recent trends in quality premiums. The implications of the results for wheat marketing and trade are explored.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society in its journal Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 38 (1994)
Issue (Month): 03 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
Marketing; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wilson, William W., 1989.
"Differentiation And Implicit Prices In Export Wheat Markets,"
Western Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 14(01), July.
- Wilson, William W. & Gallagher, Paul W., 1988. "Differentiation and Implicit Prices in Export Wheat Markets," Statistical Series Reports 146454, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Wilson, William W. & Gallagher, Paul W., 1988. "Differentiation and Implicit Prices in Export Wheat Markets," Staff Papers 146454, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Espinosa, Juan Andres & Goodwin, Barry K., 1991. "Hedonic Price Estimation For Kansas Wheat Characteristics," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Fredoun Z. Ahmadi-Esfahani & Roland G. Stanmore, 1992. "Is Wheat a Homogeneous Product?: A Comment," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 40(1), pages 141-146, 03.
- Bruno Larue, 1991. "Is Wheat a Homogeneous Product?," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 39(2), pages 103-117, 07.
- Bohorova, Svetlana & Scrimgeour, Frank G., 2000. "Evaluating The Potential Productivity Gains Associated With Biotechnological Improvement: The Case Of Kiwifruit In New Zealand," Proceedings:Transitions in Agbiotech: Economics of Strategy and Policy, June 24-25, 1999, Washington, D.C. 25995, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Marsh, Thomas L., 2005. "Economic substitution for US wheat food use by class," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 49(3), September.
- Kim, Renee B. & Unterschultz, James R. & Veeman, Michele M., 2000. "Japanese Millers' Preferences For Wheat And Flour: A Stated Preference Analysis," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36403, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Hufton, Charlie & Griffith, Garry R. & Mullen, John D., 2008. "The influence of weight and fat on lamb prices revisited," 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia 6021, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Veeman, Michele M. & Unterschultz, James R. & Kim, Renee B., 2002. "Canadian Wheat Export Prospects In The Asian Noodle Market: Analyzing Japan And Korean Milling Industries," Project Report Series 24055, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.