A Survey of Greek Agricultural E-Markets
AbstractThe role that information technology plays in todayâ€™s business activities has led to an increase in firms using and/or deploying e-markets online. This development undoubtedly affects the agri-food sector, since a large number of agricultural firms are demonstrating or are expected to demonstrate e-commerce activities. This paper aims to provide an overview of the current status of agricultural e-markets in Greece, by presenting results from an analysis of 100 cases. Results indicate that Greek e-markets may still have a rather low degree of sophistication, but they demonstrate a strong B2B orientation, as well as an outreach for international customer bases.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Greek Association of Agricultural Economists in its journal Agricultural Economics Review.
Volume (Year): 10 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Internet; e-commerce; e-markets; agriculture; agri-food sector; survey; Consumer/Household Economics; Marketing;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rolf A.E. Mueller, 2001. "E-Commerce and Entrepreneurship in Agricultural Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1243-1249.
- Grieger, Martin, 2003. "Electronic marketplaces: A literature review and a call for supply chain management research," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 144(2), pages 280-294, January.
- Gianni Petino & Marcella Rizzo, 2005. "E-Commerce In Sicily: Sicilian Oil And Wine," Others 0509006, EconWPA.
- Maurizio Canavari & Daniela Miniucchi & Giuseppe Nocella & Davide Viaggi, 2004. "Electronic Commerce in Agriculture and Agribusiness: the Case of Emilia-Romagna (Italy)," Others 0409002, EconWPA.
- Fritz, Melanie & Hausen, Tobias & Schiefer, Gerhard, 2004. "Developments and Development Directions of Electronic Trade Platforms in US and European Agri-Food Markets: Impact on Sector Organization," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 7(01).
- Clasen, Michael, 2004. "Success Factors of Digital Markets in the Agricultural and Food Industry," 2004 Conference (48th), February 11-13, 2004, Melbourne, Australia 58394, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.