Impacts of Turkeyâ€™s Integration into the European Union on Agricultural Markets and Income Distribution
AbstractThis study analyzes the impacts of Turkeyâ€™s integration into the EU on price, production, consumption, and self-sufficiency in the selected agricultural markets (wheat, maize, sugar, milk, beef, lamb, and poultry). The study also examines the welfare and the income distribution impacts of the integration. A partial equilibrium model, ModÃ©le Internationale SimplifiÃ© de Simulation (MISS), is used to simulate the impacts of the integration on the agricultural markets and Gini coefficients are calculated to examine the income distribution effects. The results show that the integration has substantial impacts on the selected agricultural markets in Turkey and deteriorates the distribution of income among the selected Turkish producers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Greek Association of Agricultural Economists in its journal Agricultural Economics Review.
Volume (Year): 11 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Economic integration; agricultural markets; impact analysis; income distribution; Agribusiness; Agricultural and Food Policy;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kennedy, P. Lynn & Atici, Cemal, 1998. "A Sectoral Analysis Of Agricultural Trade Liberalization," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(02), December.
- repec:ids:ijarge:v:6:y:2007:i:4:p:440-459 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harry Flam, 2003.
"Turkey and the EU: Politics and Economics of Accession,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
893, CESifo Group Munich.
- Flam, Harry, 2003. "Turkey and the EU: Politics and Economics of Accession," Seminar Papers 718, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Harald Grethe, 2007. "The challenge of integrating EU and Turkish agricultural markets and policies," International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(4/5), pages 440-459.
- Atici, Cemal & Kennedy, P. Lynn, 2005. "Tradeoffs between income distribution and welfare: The case of Turkey's integration into the European Union," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 553-563, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.