Reflection on reflections: review essay on reflections on the cliometric revolution: conversations with economic historians
AbstractCliometrics is currently celebrating five decades of research and as happens at such benchmarks, there is an interest in understanding the path along which Clio has walked and where the discipline is going. Reflections on the Cliometric Revolution: Conversations with Economic Historians, edited by Lyons, Cain and Williamson (Routledge, London, 2008) provides us with a detailed introductory chapter on the history of the profession and a set of interviews with 25 scholars who were involved in the transformation of a discipline. This review essay reflects on the nature of the transformations during the past five decades.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC) in its journal Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History.
Volume (Year): 4 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Development of the disciplin; Historical; Historiography;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B25 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary; Austrian
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- N01 - Economic History - - General - - - Development of the Discipline: Historiographical; Sources and Methods
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charlotte Le Chapelain, 2013. "Cliométrie et Capital humain," Working Papers 01-13, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Antoine Parent, 2012. "A critical note on "This time is different"," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 6(2), pages 211-219, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karine Pellier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.