A straightforward x-ray on applying the ecolabel to the hotel business area
AbstractThe ecolabel is a voluntary European initiative for certifying products and services. This study focuses on identifying the perception of persons benefiting of hotel services by designing a research and applying it to the clients of a hotel that acquired the license to use the ecolabel. Identifying the reaction of clients to the ecolabel and the manner it influences the purchase behavior as part of the objectives pursued, were implemented by drafting and applying a questionnaire to the clients of that hotel. Processing the acquired responses was made by the specific applications for data processing, the results confirming only in part the initial assumptions. At a general level, most clients believe that acquiring the ecolabel should be seen in prices, but most of them are unwilling to pay extra for hotel services holding this certificate. Considering that only three accommodation facilities hold this certification in Romania, the research we initiated can be the starting point for developing other more detailed studies concerning the opinion, reasons and purchase behavior of the clients.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania in its journal The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal.
Volume (Year): 15 (2013)
Issue (Month): Special 7 (November)
ecolabel; sustainable development; hotel management;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- Q50 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vasile Dinu & Ion Schileru & Anca Atanase, 2012. "Attitude of Romanian Consumers Related to Products’ Ecological Labelling," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(31), pages 8-24, February.
- Hornoiu Remus & Tanase Mihai Ovidiu & Nistoreanu Puiu, 2009. "ECOROM – Indicators System Proposal of Quality Certification in Ecotourism," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 11(26), pages 330-338, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.