Some Issues Involved by the Policies Concerning Exchange Rate and Inflation. Quantitative Approach
AbstractThe paper examines several facets of the interaction between “inflation targeting policy” and “pegged float exchange rate regime”, using the last version of the Romanian macromodel. The implications induced by changes in the following exogenous variables are quantitatively estimated: • CBE – coefficient measuring the Central Bank’s intervention on the forex currency market, which is attached to the equation of the exchange rate, and • CBM - coefficient measuring the Central Bank’s intervention on the domestic monetary market, which is attached to the equation of the reference interest rate. The model simulations refer to leading macroeconomic variables, especially the real economic growth, the foreign trade balance (net exports), the consumer price index, and the nominal exchange rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania in its journal The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal.
Volume (Year): 13 (2011)
Issue (Month): 29 (February)
exchange rate; reference interest rate; simulations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mencinger, Jernej & Aristovnik, Aleksander & Verbic, Miroslav, 2014. "The Impact of Growing Public Debt on Economic Growth in the European Union," MPRA Paper 53243, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gheorghe SAVOIU, 2013. "A Statistical Applied Method, Drawing on the Consumer Price Index and its Investigative Qualities," Romanian Statistical Review Supplement, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 61(2), pages 116-122, May.
- Emilian Dobrescu, 2013. "Updating the Romanian Economic Macromodel," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 5-31, December.
- Iancu, Aurel, 2011. "Models of Financial System Fragility," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 230-256, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.