The Pragmatic Role Of A Postmodern Epistemology For Ethical Values Management
AbstractThe aim of this article is to identify the adequacy of the postmodern view of knowledge and values to produce tools of ethics management in economic organizations. It is questioned the possibility to conceive business ethics as a postmodern phenomenon. And, keeping this in mind, postmodernism and objectivism are comparatively analysed as complementary manners to epistemologically sustain ethics management. Narrative ethics is eventually considered an important postmodern contribution for obtaining relevant instruments of business ethics, but the stability of this construction is not in agreement with the postmodern spirit.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania in its journal The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal.
Volume (Year): 10 (2008)
Issue (Month): 23 (February)
postmodernism; business ethics; objectivism; organizational studies;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sabina Irimie & Ibrian Cărămidaru & Constantina Mărgulescu, 2009. "The Role of a Foundationalist Approach to Moral Knowledge in Ethics Management of Economic Organizations," Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics, University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 9(3), pages 325-334.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.