Leadership And Social Responsability
AbstractThe success of the companies means many services for all community, not only for a few people. The company must be careful not only with the economic part of the business, but also with social and environmental problems. The ethics problems become the leadership problems, when these problems speak about the conflict between the economic performance of the company (measured in incomes, costs and profit) and social problems (regarding the obligations for the people fromcompany and outside company). The leadership dilemma is: the social responsibility is expensive not only for the company, but also for the leader like a person. Many organizations try to establish the price by maximization the profit in a short time, not with a vision for a long term. In the last years, it is more evident that the ethic must be involved in the process of tourism development. In this sense, in 1999, the World Tourism Organization elaborates the Tourism Code of Ethics. Our research brings new elements becau- se it underlines the type of leadership based on the cultural values in tourism corporations and find information’ s capitalize tools (that result from research) for growing up the social responsibility and the performance of the tourism organizations.The present paper is a proof of the higher attention for the problems of ethic, leadership and managerial culture on the developed countries in the tourism activity, and the stu- dies made for these problems in many countries, inclusive Romania.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania in its journal The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal.
Volume (Year): 10 (2008)
Issue (Month): 23 (February)
social responsibility; leadershi; ethics; tourism; organizational culture;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudia Gabriela Baicu & Olimpia State, 2012. "Banking Models Under the Impact of the Post-Crisis Organizational Changes Apt to Confer Sustainable Financial Stability - Romanian Experience," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(32), pages 436-450, June.
- Maria Ioncică & Eva-Cristina Petrescu & Diana Ioncică, 2012. "Transports and Consumers’ Ecological Behaviour," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(31), pages 70-83, February.
- Eva-Cristina Petrescu & Diana-Eugenia Ioncică, 2012. "Perception of Private and Public Medical Services In Romania," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(Special N), pages 653-664, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.