Estimated Capital Stock Values for German Manufacturing Enterprises Covered by the Cost Structure Surveys
AbstractInformation on the capital stock employed in a firm is missing in data sets from official statistics in Germany. This paper presents a method to estimate the capital stock of manufacturing enterprises that are covered by the cost structure survey from German official statistics. It uses data from this survey on the amount of depreciation at the enterprise level, information on the average life span of capital goods (for equipments, and for buildings) at the level of the economy , and information on the composition of the capital stock at the level of two-digit industries. The paper reports the data needed to estimate the capital stock at the enterprise level for the years 1995 to 2008. The appendix gives the Stata code to compute these estimates.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Duncker & Humblot, Berlin in its journal Schmollers Jahrbuch.
Volume (Year): 130 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.duncker-humblot.de
Other versions of this item:
- Joachim Wagner, 2010. "Estimated capital stock values for German manufacturing enterprises covered by the cost structure surveys," Working Paper Series in Economics 171, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John P. Weche Geluebcke, 2012. "Foreign and Domestic Takeovers in Germany: Cherry-picking and Lemon-grabbing," Working Paper Series in Economics 240, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Wagner, Joachim, 2012.
"Average wage, qualification of the workforce and export performance in German enterprises : evidence from KombiFiD data,"
Journal for Labour Market Research,
Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 45(2), pages 161-170.
- Joachim Wagner, 2012. "Average wage, qualification of the workforce and export performance in German enterprises: evidence from KombiFiD data," Journal of Labour Market Research, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 161-170, July.
- Joachim Wagner, 2012. "Average wage, qualification of the workforce and export performance in German enterprises: Evidence from KombiFiD data," Working Paper Series in Economics 224, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Wagner, Joachim, 2012. "Average Wage, Qualification of the Workforce and Export Performance in German Enterprises: Evidence from KombiFiD Data," IZA Discussion Papers 6274, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sebastian Nielen & Alexander Schiersch, 2011. "Temporary Agency Work and Firm Competitiveness: Evidence from German Manufacturing Firms," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1135, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- John P. Weche Geluebcke, 2011.
"The Performance of Foreign Affiliates in German Manufacturing: Evidence from a new Database,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
216, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- John Weche Gelübcke, 2013. "The performance of foreign affiliates in German manufacturing: evidence from a new database," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 149(1), pages 151-182, March.
- Pfeifer, Christian & Wagner, Joachim, 2012.
"Age and Gender Composition of the Workforce, Productivity and Profits: Evidence from a New Type of Data for German Enterprises,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6381, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Christian Pfeifer & Joachim Wagner, 2012. "Age and gender composition of the workforce, productivity and profits: Evidence from a new type of data for German enterprises," Working Paper Series in Economics 232, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriele Freudenmann).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.