German Outward FDI and Firm Performance
AbstractThis paper extends the limited literature on the link between productivity effects and outward FDI. By presenting German productivity growth effects across low and high cost locations over the period 1997 – 2006, our results show that the evidence relating outward FDI to productivity growth at home is generally positive but quite small. A 10 per cent increase in outward FDI is associated with an increase in parent TFP growth of between 0.1 to 0.9 per cent. The positive findings can be shown for parent firms operating in the manufacturing sector as well as the services sector. Our results show some evidence that home country performance is enhanced for firms which endeavour to invest abroad.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Duncker & Humblot, Berlin in its journal Applied Economics Quarterly.
Volume (Year): 56 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.duncker-humblot.de
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joachim Wagner, 2011.
"Offshoring and firm performance: self-selection, effects on performance, or both?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 147(2), pages 217-247, June.
- Wagner, Joachim, 2009. "Offshoring and Firm Performance: Self-Selection, Effects on Performance, or Both?," IZA Discussion Papers 4605, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joachim Wagner, 2009. "Offshoring and firm performance: Self-selection, effects on performance, or both?," Working Paper Series in Economics 153, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Heinz Hollenstein & Marius Ley & Tobias Stucki, 2011. "Die Internationalisierung der Schweizer Wirtschaft," KOF Analysen, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich, vol. 5(2), pages 51-62, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Deborah Anne Bowen).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.