Regional Growth and Energy Determinants: Implications for the Future
AbstractEnergy is used in the production, transportation, and delivery of all goods and services, and is thus crucial to the welfare of a modern industrial society. Recent problems with energy, such as higher prices and the uncertainty of supplies, have consequently had adverse effects on industrial input prices, transport budgets, and the cost of living. These effects, in turn, have prompted a variety of adjustments, such as energy conservation-through reductions in energy intensity and through acquisition of energy efficient capital stock-and substitution of cheaper and more abundant fuels. Since some aspects of fuel switching lead to significant shortfalls in environmental quality, environmental considerations may constrain future energy developments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Association for Energy Economics in its journal The Energy Journal.
Volume (Year): Volume 2 (1981)
Issue (Month): Number 2 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F0 - International Economics - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gervásio F. Santos & Eduardo A. Haddad, Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2011.
"Energy Policy and Regional Inequalities in the Brazilian Economy,"
Working Papers, Department of Economics
2011_09, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Santos, Gervasio F. & Haddad, Eduardo A. & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 2013. "Energy policy and regional inequalities in the Brazilian economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 241-255.
- Gervasio Santos & Eduardo Haddad & Geoffrey Hewings, 2011. "Energy Policy and Regional Inequalities in the Brazilian Economy," ERSA conference papers ersa10p157, European Regional Science Association.
- Gervasio Ferreira Dos Santos & Eduardo A. Haddad & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2011. "Energy Policy And Regional Inequalitiesin The Brasilian Economy," Anais do XXXVIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 38th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 091, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Williams).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.