The Demand for International Reserves: A Critical Review of the Literature
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Literature.
Volume (Year): 9 (1971)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert P. Flood & Nancy P. Marion, 2002. "Holding International Reserves in an Era of High Capital Mobility," IMF Working Papers 02/62, International Monetary Fund.
- John F. O. Bilson & Jacob A. Frenkel, 1979. "Dynamic Adjustment and the Demand for International Reserves," NBER Working Papers 0407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip Lane & Dominic Burke, 2001.
"The Empirics of Foreign Reserves,"
Trinity Economics Papers
20015, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Sula, Ozan, 2011. "Demand for international reserves in developing nations: A quantile regression approach," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 764-777, September.
- Karim Khan & Eatzaz Ahmed, 2005. "The Demand for International Reserves: A Case Study of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(4), pages 939-957.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Xingwang Qian, 2009.
"Hoarding of International Reserves: Mrs Machlup's Wardrobe and the Joneses,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 824-843, 09.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Xingwang Qian, 2007. "Hoarding of International Reserves: Mrs Machlup’s Wardrobe and the Joneses," CESifo Working Paper Series 2065, CESifo Group Munich.
- Klaus-O. Junginger-Dittel & Helmut Reisen, 1979. "Import instability and LDCs’ response: The destabilization of the inflow of capital and intermediate goods," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 115(4), pages 653-669, December.
- Yin-wong Cheung & XingWang Qian, 2007. "Hoarding of International Reserves: Mrs Machlup¡¦s Wardrobe and the Joneses," Working Papers 132007, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1986.
"On the Interest Rate Elasticity of the Demand for International Reserves: Some Evidence from Developing Coutries,"
NBER Working Papers
1532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1985. "On the interest-rate elasticity of the demand for international reserves: Some evidence from developing countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 287-295, June.
- Visser, H., 1988. "Austrian thinking on international economics," Serie Research Memoranda 0001, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Sula, Ozan, 2008. "Demand for International Reserves: A Quantile Regression Approach," MPRA Paper 11680, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prabheesh, K P & Malathy, D & Madhumathi, R, 2007. "Demand for Foreign Exchange Reserves in India: A Co-integration Approach," MPRA Paper 13969, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bordo, Michael D. & Macdonald, Ronald & Oliver, Michael J., 2009.
"Sterling in crisis, 1964–1967,"
European Review of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 437-459, December.
- David Hauner, 2000. "Die Fremdwährungsreserven der OeNB. Wie groß ist der Spielraum?," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 26(1), pages 81-98.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1984.
"The Demand for International Reserves and Monetary Equilibrium: Some Evidence From Developing Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
1307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1984. "The Demand for International Reserves and Monetary Equilibrium: Some Evidence from Developing Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 495-500, August.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1953. "The Demand for International Reserves and Monetary Equilibrium: Some Evidence from Developing Countries," UCLA Economics Working Papers 293, UCLA Department of Economics.
- David Fernando López Angarita, 2006. "Nivel de reservas internacionales y riesgo cambiario en Colombia," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 8(15), pages 117-159, July-Dece.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.