An Essay on Youth Joblessness
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Literature.
Volume (Year): 24 (1986)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burns, Justine & Godlonton, Susan & Keswell, Malcolm, 2010.
"Social networks, employment and worker discouragement: Evidence from South Africa,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 336-344, April.
- Susan Godlonton & Justine Burns, 2006. "Social Networks, Employment and Worker Discouragement: Evidence from South Africa," SALDRU Working Papers, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town 6, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Rosen, Asa, 1997.
"An equilibrium search-matching model of discrimination,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1589-1613, August.
- A Rosen, 1992. "An Equilibrium Search-Matching Model of Discrimination," CEP Discussion Papers, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE dp0097, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Brewer, Laura, 2004. "Youth at risk : the role of skills development in facilitating the transition to work," ILO Working Papers, International Labour Organization 373389, International Labour Organization.
- Josefina Bruni Celli & Richard Obuchi, 2002. "Adolescents and Young Adults in Latin America, Critical Decisions at a Critical Age: Young Adult Labor Market Experience," Research Department Publications, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department 3161, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alfonso Alba-Ramírez, 1998. "Re-employment probabilities of young workers in Spain," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, Fundación SEPI, vol. 22(2), pages 201-224, May.
- Derek Yu, 2013. "Youth unemployment in South Africa since 2000 revisited," Working Papers 04/2013, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Caroleo Floro Ernesto & Pastore Francesco, 2009.
"Le cause del(l') (in)successo lavorativo dei giovani,"
Economia & lavoro, Carocci editore,
Carocci editore, issue 3, pages 107.
- Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Francesco Pastore, 2009. "Le cause del(l)'(in)successo lavorativo dei giovani," Economia & Lavoro, Fondazione Giacomo Brodolini, issue 3, pages 107.
- Caroleo, Floro Ernesto & Pastore, Francesco, 2009.
"Le cause del (l’in-)successo lavorativo dei giovani
[The determinants of youth success in the labour market]," MPRA Paper 14218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caruso Raul & Gavrilova Evelina, 2012.
"Youth Unemployment, Terrorism and Political Violence, Evidence from the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict,"
Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter,
De Gruyter, vol. 18(2), pages 1-37, August.
- Caruso, Raul & Gavrilova, Evelina, 2011. "Youth Unemployment, Terrorism and Political Violence, Evidence from the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict," NEPS Working Papers, Network of European Peace Scientists 6/2011, Network of European Peace Scientists.
- Cecil Mlatsheni & Sandrine Rospabé, 2002. "An Analysis of the Spatial Distribution of the Clothing and Textile Industry in SADC," Working Papers, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit 02065, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Olga Demidova & Marcello Signorelli, 2010. "The Impact of Crises on Youth Unemployment of Russian Regions: An Empirical Analysis," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica, UniversitÃ di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica 78/2010, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- Fernando Coloma & Bernardita Vial, 2003. "Desempleo e Inactividad Juvenil en Chile," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 40(119), pages 149-171.
- Bruno, Giovanni S. F. & Caroleo, Floro Ernesto & Dessy, Orietta, 2012.
"Stepping Stones versus Dead End Jobs: Exits from Temporary Contracts in Italy after the 2003 Reform,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6746, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giovanni S.F. Bruno & Floro E. Caroleo & Orietta Dessy, 2013. "Stepping stones versus dead end jobs: exits from temporary contracts in Italy after the 2003 reform," Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali, Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 121(1), pages 31-62.
- L.Guarcello & M. Manacorda & F. Rosati & J. Fares & S.Lyon & C. Valdivia, 2005. "School-to-Work Transitions in Sub-Saharan Africa: An overview," UCW Working Paper, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme) 15, Understanding Children's Work (UCW Programme).
- Jairo Baquero & Juan Carlos Guataqui & Lina Sarmiento, 2000. "Un marco analítico de la discriminación laboral. Teorias, modalidades y estudios para Colombia," BORRADORES DE INVESTIGACIÃN, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO 003679, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Trudy Ann Cameron & Matthew Wright, 1987. "Evaluating Information Programs when Outcomes are Discrete: Energy Audit Programs and Household Energy Retrofit Activity," UCLA Economics Working Papers, UCLA Department of Economics 451, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Paul Ryan, 2001. "The School-to-Work Transition: A Cross-National Perspective," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 39(1), pages 34-92, March.
- Derek Yu, 2012. "Youths in the South African labour market since the transition: A study of changes between 1995 and 2011," Working Papers 18/2012, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.