Was Development Assistance a Mistake?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 97 (2007)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen Knack, 2001. "Aid Dependence and the Quality of Governance: Cross-Country Empirical Tests," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 310-329, October.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A, 2002. "An African Success Story: Botswana," CEPR Discussion Papers 3219, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Todd Moss & Gunilla Pettersson & Nicolas van de Walle, 2006. "An Aid-Institutions Paradox? A Review Essay on Aid Dependency and State Building in Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 74, Center for Global Development.
- William Easterly, 2002.
"What did Structural Adjustment Adjust? The Association of Policies and Growth with Repeated IMF and World Bank Adjustment Loans,"
11, Center for Global Development.
- Easterly, William, 2005. "What did structural adjustment adjust?: The association of policies and growth with repeated IMF and World Bank adjustment loans," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Simeon Djankov & Jose Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2008.
"The curse of aid,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 169-194, September.
- Simeon Djankov & José Garcia Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2005. "The curse of aid," Economics Working Papers 870, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Simeon Djankov & José Garcia Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2005. "The curse of aid," Working Papers 257, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Durlauf,S.N. & Johnson,P.A. & Temple,J.R.W., 2004.
18, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Johnson, Paul & Durlauf, Steven N & Temple, Johnathan R. W., 2004. "Growth Econometrics," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 61, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Minoiu, Camelia & Reddy, Sanjay G., 2010.
"Development aid and economic growth: A positive long-run relation,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 27-39, February.
- Sanjay Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2009. "Development Aid and Economic Growth: A Positive Long-Run Relation," IMF Working Papers 09/118, International Monetary Fund.
- Sanjay G. Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2006. "Development Aid and Economic Growth: A Positive Long-Run Relation," Working Papers 29, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Marco Pani, 2011. "Hold your nose and vote: corruption and public decisions in a representative democracy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 148(1), pages 163-196, July.
- Nathan Nunn & Diego Puga, 2009.
"Ruggedness: The Blessing of Bad Geography in Africa,"
NBER Working Papers
14918, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nathan Nunn & Diego Puga, 2012. "Ruggedness: The Blessing of Bad Geography in Africa," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 20-36, February.
- Nathan Nunn & Diego Puga, 2007. "Ruggedness: The blessing of bad geography in Africa," Working Papers 2007-09, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales, revised 01 May 2010.
- Nunn, Nathan & Puga, Diego, 2007. "Ruggedness: The Blessing of Bad Geography in Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 6253, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Henri Bezuidenhout, 2009.
"A regional perspective on Aid and FDI in Southern Africa,"
147, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Henri Bezuidenhout, 2009. "A Regional Perspective on Aid and FDI in Southern Africa," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 310-321, August.
- Pablo Selaya & Rainer Thiele, 2008. "Aid and Sectoral Labour Productivity," Kiel Working Papers 1468, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Arazmuradov, Annageldy, 2011.
"Foreign aid, foreign direct investment and domestic investment nexus in landlocked economies of Central Asia,"
36881, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Feb 2012.
- Annageldy Arazmuradov, 2012. "Foreign Aid, Foreign Direct Investment, and Domestic Investment Nexus in Landlocked Economies of Central Asia," Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 129-151, May.
- Kaya, Ilker & Lyubimov, Konstantin & Miletkov, Mihail, 2012. "To liberalize or not to liberalize: Political and economic determinants of financial liberalization," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 78-99.
- Claudia Williamson, 2010. "Exploring the failure of foreign aid: The role of incentives and information," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 17-33, March.
- Gachet, Ivan & Girjalva, Diego & Rivadeneira, Ana & Uribe, Carlos, 2007.
"Un Marco de Consistencia Macroeconómica para la Economía Ecuatoriana: Un Regreso a los Fundamentos
[Macroeconomic Consistency Framework for the Ecuadorian Economy: Getting Back to Fundamentals]," MPRA Paper 16799, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Capaldo Jeronim, 2007. "On the Marxian law of the falling rate of profit and Marx-biased technical change," wp.comunite 0029, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Nicole Alice Sindzingre, 2011. "The Rise of China in Sub-Saharan Africa: its Ambiguous Economic Impacts," Post-Print halshs-00636022, HAL.
- Lee Robinson & Alice Nicole Sindzingre, 2012. "China’s Ambiguous Impacts on Commodity-Dependent Countries: the Example of Sub-Saharan Africa (with a Focus on Zambia)," EconomiX Working Papers 2012-39, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Aharonovitz, Gilad David & Nyaga, Elizabeth Kabura, 2010. "Values, Cultural Practices, and Economic Performance: Theory and Some Evidence from Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1156-1167, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.