The Impact of Labor Strikes on Consumer Demand: An Application to Professional Sports
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 94 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard McHugh, 1991. "Productivity effects of strikes in struck and nonstruck industries," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(4), pages 722-732, July.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1989.
"Power in Econometric Applications,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1059-90, September.
- Brian E. Becker & Craig A. Olson, 1986. "The impact of strikes on shareholder equity," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 39(3), pages 425-438, April.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Johnson, George E, 1969. "Bargaining Theory, Trade Unions, and Industrial Strike Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 35-49, March.
- Richard A. DeFusco & Scott M. Fuess & Jr, 1991. "The effects of airline strikes on struck and nonstruck carriers," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(2), pages 324-333, January.
- Young Hoon Lee, 2009. "The Impact of Postseason Restructuring on the Competitive Balance and Fan Demand in Major League Baseball," Working Papers 0901, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University, revised 2009.
- Young Hoon Lee, 2009. "Estimation of Temporal Variations in Fan Loyalty: Application of Multi-Factor Models," Working Papers 0902, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University, revised 2009.
- Klaassen, F.J.G.M. & Magnus, J.R., 2006. "Are Economic Agents Successful Optimizers? An Analysis Through Strategy in Tennis," Discussion Paper 2006-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Dennis Coates & Thane Harrison, 2004. "Baseball Strikes and the Demand for Attendance," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 04-101, UMBC Department of Economics.
- Klaassen, Franc J.G.M. & Magnus, Jan R., 2009. "The efficiency of top agents: An analysis through service strategy in tennis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 72-85, January.
- yamamura, eiji, 2008.
"Game Information, Local Heroes, And Their Effect On Attendance: The Case Of The Japanese Baseball League,"
10303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2011. "Game Information, Local Heroes, and Their Effect on Attendance: The Case of the Japanese Baseball League," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 12(1), pages 20-35, February.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "Game Information, Local Heroes, And Their Effect On Attendance: The Case Of The Japanese Baseball League," MPRA Paper 19965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "Game Information, Local Heroes, And Their Effect On Attendance: The Case Of The Japanese Baseball League," MPRA Paper 21278, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ira Horowitz, 2007. "If you play well they will come-and vice versa: bidirectional causality in major-league baseball," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(2), pages 93-105.
- Victor Matheson, 2006. "The effects of labour strikes on consumer demand in professional sports: revisited," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(10), pages 1173-1179.
- Young Lee & Rodney Fort, 2008. "Attendance and the Uncertainty-of-Outcome Hypothesis in Baseball," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 281-295, December.
- Victor Matheson, 2004. "The Effects of Labor Strikes on Consumer Demand: A Re-examination of Major League Baseball," Working Papers 0405, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2006048 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.