The Impact of Labor Strikes on Consumer Demand: An Application to Professional Sports
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 94 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1986.
"Power in Econometric Applications,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
800, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Richard A. DeFusco & Scott M. Fuess & Jr, 1991. "The effects of airline strikes on struck and nonstruck carriers," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(2), pages 324-333, January.
- Ashenfelter, Orley & Johnson, George E, 1969. "Bargaining Theory, Trade Unions, and Industrial Strike Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 35-49, March.
- Brian E. Becker & Craig A. Olson, 1986. "The impact of strikes on shareholder equity," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 39(3), pages 425-438, April.
- Richard McHugh, 1991. "Productivity effects of strikes in struck and nonstruck industries," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(4), pages 722-732, July.
- yamamura, eiji, 2008.
"Game Information, Local Heroes, And Their Effect On Attendance: The Case Of The Japanese Baseball League,"
10303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "Game Information, Local Heroes, And Their Effect On Attendance: The Case Of The Japanese Baseball League," MPRA Paper 19965, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2010. "Game Information, Local Heroes, And Their Effect On Attendance: The Case Of The Japanese Baseball League," MPRA Paper 21278, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Klaassen, F.J.G.M. & Magnus, J.R., 2006. "Are Economic Agents Successful Optimizers? An Analysis Through Strategy in Tennis," Discussion Paper 2006-52, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Victor Matheson, 2006. "The effects of labour strikes on consumer demand in professional sports: revisited," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(10), pages 1173-1179.
- Ira Horowitz, 2007. "If you play well they will come-and vice versa: bidirectional causality in major-league baseball," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(2), pages 93-105.
- Klaassen, Franc J.G.M. & Magnus, Jan R., 2009. "The efficiency of top agents: An analysis through service strategy in tennis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 148(1), pages 72-85, January.
- Young Hoon Lee, 2009. "Estimation of Temporal Variations in Fan Loyalty: Application of Multi-Factor Models," Working Papers 0902, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University, revised 2009.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2006048 is not listed on IDEAS
- Victor Matheson, 2004. "The Effects of Labor Strikes on Consumer Demand: A Re-examination of Major League Baseball," Working Papers 0405, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Young Lee & Rodney Fort, 2008. "Attendance and the Uncertainty-of-Outcome Hypothesis in Baseball," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 281-295, December.
- Dennis Coates & Thane Harrison, 2004. "Baseball Strikes and the Demand for Attendance," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 04-101, UMBC Department of Economics.
- Young Hoon Lee, 2009. "The Impact of Postseason Restructuring on the Competitive Balance and Fan Demand in Major League Baseball," Working Papers 0901, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University, revised 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.