The Future of the IMF
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 93 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stanley Fischer, 2002. "Financial Crises and Reform of the International Financial System," NBER Working Papers 9297, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caballero, Ricardo J. & Panageas, Stavros, 2008.
"Hedging sudden stops and precautionary contractions,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1-2), pages 28-57, February.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Stavros Panageas, 2003. "Hedging Sudden Stops and Precautionary Contractions," NBER Working Papers 9778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Paolo Mauro, 2002. "Reviving the Case for GDP-Indexed Bonds," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 02/10, International Monetary Fund.
- Krishnamurthy, Arvind, 2003. "Collateral constraints and the amplification mechanism," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 277-292, August.
- John Williamson, 2000. "The Role of the IMF: A Guide to the Reports," Policy Briefs PB00-5, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Mahul, Olivier & Gurenko, Eugene, 2006. "The macro financing of natural hazards in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4075, The World Bank.
- Miguel Braun & Luciano di Gresia, 2003.
"Towards Effective Social Insurance in Latin America: The Importance of Countercyclical Fiscal Policy,"
Research Department Publications
4333, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Miguel Braun & Luciano di Gresia, 2004. "Towards Effective Social Insurance in Latin America: The Importance of Countercyclical Fiscal Policy," Public Economics 0410001, EconWPA.
- Joseph Atta-Mensah, 2004. "Commodity-Linked Bonds: A Potential Means for Less-Developed Countries to Raise Foreign Capital," Working Papers 04-20, Bank of Canada.
- Jonathan Kearns & Ricardo J. Caballero & Kevin Cowan, 2004.
"Fear of Sudden Stops: lessons from Australia and Chile,"
Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings
185, Econometric Society.
- Ricardo Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2005. "Fear of Sudden Stops: Lessons From Australia and Chile," Journal of Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 313-354.
- Ricardo Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2004. "Fear of Sudden Stops: Lessons from Australia and Chile," NBER Working Papers 10519, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2005. "Fear of Sudden Stops: Lessons from Australia and Chile," Research Department Publications 4363, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ricardo J Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2004. "Fear of Sudden Stops: Lessons from Australia and Chile," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2004-03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Juan Carlos Hatchondo & Leonardo Martinez & Horacio Sapriza, 2007. "The economics of sovereign defaults," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Spr, pages 163-187.
- Kapp, Daniel & Vega, Marco, 2012. "The Real Output Costs of Financial Crisis: A Loss Distribution Approach," Working Papers 2012-013, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú.
- Lane, Philip R, 2003.
"Business Cycles and Macroeconomic Policy in Emerging Market Economies,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 89-108, Spring.
- Philip R. Lane, 2003. "Business Cycles and Macroeconomic Policy in Emerging Market Economies," Trinity Economics Papers 20032, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Kevin Cowan & Jonathan Kearns, 2005. "El temor a las paradas repentinas: enseñanzas de Australia y Chile," Research Department Publications 4364, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Miguel Braun & Luciano di Gresia, 2003. "Hacia un sistema de seguro social eficaz en América Latina: la importancia de una política fiscal anticíclica," Research Department Publications 4334, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ghesquiere, Francis & Mahul, Olivier, 2007. "Sovereign natural disaster insurance for developing countries : a paradigm shift in catastrophe risk financing," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4345, The World Bank.
- Kapp, Daniel & Vega, Marco, 2012.
"Real output costs of financial crises: a loss distribution approach,"
35706, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Kapp & Marco Vega, 2012. "Real Output Costs of Financial Crises: A Loss Distribution Approach," Papers 1201.0967, arXiv.org, revised May 2012.
- Mario Draghi & Francesco Giavazzi & Robert C. Merton, 2003. "Transparency, Risk Management and International Financial Fragility," NBER Working Papers 9806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kwack, Sung Yeung, 2004. "An optimum currency area in East Asia: feasibility, coordination, and leadership role," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 153-169, February.
- Abbas Mirakhor & Iqbal Zaidi, 2006. "Foreign Currency Deposits and International Liquidity Shortages in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(1), pages 49-85.
- Stéphane Pallage & Michel A. Robe & Catherine Bérubé, 2004. "On the Potential of Foreign Aid as Insurance," Cahiers de recherche 0404, CIRPEE.
- C. Bora Durdu, 2006. "Are Indexed Bonds a Remedy for Sudden Stops?," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 11, Society for Computational Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.