Taxation of Financial Services under a VAT
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 92 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chia, Ngee-Choon & Whalley, John, 1999. "The Tax Treatment of Financial Intermediation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(4), pages 704-19, November.
- Auerbach, Alan J, 1991.
"Retrospective Capital Gains Taxation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 167-78, March.
- Gordon, Roger H, 1985. "Taxation of Corporate Capital Income: Tax Revenues versus Tax Distortions," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 100(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak, 2008.
"The collection efficiency of the Value Added Tax: Theory and international evidence,"
Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 391-410.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak, 2005. "The Collection Efficiency of the Value Added Tax: Theory and International Evidence," NBER Working Papers 11539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Jinjarak, Yothin, 2005. "The collection efficiency of the value added tax: theory and international evidence," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt42d103zh, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Peter Dungan & Jack Mintz & Finn Poschmann & Thomas Wilson, 2008. "Growth Oriented Sales Tax Reform for Ontario: Replacing the Retail Sales Tax with a 7.5 Percent Value-Added Tax," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 273, September.
- Kelly D. Edmiston & Richard M. Bird, 2004.
"Taxing Consumption in Jamaica:The GCT and the SCT,"
International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU
paper0432, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Kelly D. Edmiston & Richard M. Bird, 2004. "Taxing Consumption in Jamaica: The GCT and the SCT," International Tax Program Papers 0414, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Roger H. Gordon & Laura Kalambokidis & Joel Slemrod, 2003.
"Do We Now Collect Any Revenue From Taxing Capital Income?,"
NBER Working Papers
9477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Roger & Kalambokidis, Laura & Slemrod, Joel, 2004. "Do we now collect any revenue from taxing capital income?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(5), pages 981-1009, April.
- Jack M. Mintz, 2003. "Taxing Financial Activity," International Tax Program Papers 0305, International Tax Program, Institute for International Business, Joseph L. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Hans Jarle Kind & Marko Köthenbürger & Guttorm Schjelderup, 2005. "Do Consumers Buy Less of a Taxed Good?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1635, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.