Optimal Income Taxation: An Example with a U-Shaped Pattern of Optimal Marginal Tax Rates: Comment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 90 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Matthew Weinzierl & Danny Yagan, 2009.
"Optimal Taxation in Theory and Practice,"
NBER Working Papers
15071, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Matthew C. Weinzierl & Danny Yagan, 2009. "Optimal Taxation in Theory and Practice," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-140, Harvard Business School.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Weinzierl, Matthew Charles & Yagan, Danny Ferris, 2009. "Optimal Taxation in Theory and Practice," Scholarly Articles 4263739, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Valdivia, Daney & Loayza, Lilian, 2012.
"Analizando la determinación de impuesto a la renta y sus efectos sobre el crecimiento de la economía boliviana
[On the determination of income tax and its effects on the economic growth in Bolivi," MPRA Paper 37211, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Soumyanetra Munshi, 2011. "On existence of pure strategy equilibrium with endogenous income," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 1-37, June.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & James P. Ziliak, 2002.
"Tax Reform and Automatic Stabilization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(3), pages 590-612, June.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & James P. Ziliak, 2000. "Tax Reform and Automatic Stabilization," JCPR Working Papers 165, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & James P. Ziliak, 2000. "Tax Reform and Automatic Stabilization," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 21, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & James P. Ziliak, 2000. "Tax Reform and Automatic Stabilization," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0788, Econometric Society.
- Alan J. Auerbach & James R. Hines Jr., 2001.
"Taxation and Economic Efficiency,"
NBER Working Papers
8181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Louis Kaplow, 2007.
"Optimal income transfers,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 295-325, June.
- Boadway, Robin & Jacquet, Laurence, 2008.
"Optimal marginal and average income taxation under maximin,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 425-441, November.
- Robin, BOADWAY & Laurence, JACQUET, 2006. "Optimal Marginal and Average Income Taxation under Maxi-min," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2006020, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Robin Boadway & Laurence Jacquet, 2006. "Optimal Marginal and Average Income Taxation under Maxi-min," Working Papers 1073, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Li, Jinlu & Lin, Shuanglin & Zhang, Congjun, 2013. "Skill distribution and the optimal marginal income tax rate," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 515-518.
- Houben, Henriette & Baumgarten, Jörg, 2011. "Krankt das deutsche Steuersystem am Mittelstandsbauch und der kalten Progession?," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 119, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.