Guns, Violence, and the Efficiency of Illegal Markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 88 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christoffel Grechenig & Martin Kolmar, 2011. "The State’s Enforcement Monopoly and the Private Protection of Property," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2011_24, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Hugo Mialon & Tom Wiseman, 2004.
"The Impact of Gun Laws: A Model of Crime and Self-defense,"
0412, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Mialon, Hugo M. & Wiseman, Thomas, 2005. "The impact of gun laws: A model of crime and self-defense," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 170-175, August.
- Jeffrey R. Kling & Jens Ludwig, 2005.
"Is Crime Contagious?,"
85, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Jeffrey R. Kling & Jens Ludwig, 2006. "Is Crime Contagious?," Working Papers 889, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Jens Ludwig & Jeffrey R. Kling, 2006. "Is Crime Contagious?," NBER Working Papers 12409, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ludwig, Jens & Kling, Jeffrey R., 2006. "Is Crime Contagious?," IZA Discussion Papers 2213, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lippert, Steffen & Schumacher, Christoph, 2009.
"Hopping on the Methadone Bus,"
13043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ariaster B. Chimeli & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2011.
"The use of violence ini llegal markets: evidence from mahogany trade in the Brazilian Amazon,"
Textos para discussÃ£o
592, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Chimeli, Ariaster B. & Soares, Rodrigo R., 2011. "The Use of Violence in Illegal Markets: Evidence from Mahogany Trade in the Brazilian Amazon," IZA Discussion Papers 5923, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniel D’Amico, 2012. "Comparative political economy when anarchism is on the table," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 63-75, March.
- Paresh Narayan & Russell Smyth, .
"Dead Man Walking: An Empirical Reassessment of the Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment Using the Bounds Testing Approach to Cointegration,"
American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings
1028, American Law & Economics Association.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Russell Smyth, 2006. "Dead man walking: an empirical reassessment of the deterrent effect of capital punishment using the bounds testing approach to cointegration," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(17), pages 1975-1989.
- Russell Smyth & Paresh Kumar Narayan, 2004. "Dead Man Walking: An Empirical Reassessment of the Deterrent Effect of Capital Punishment Using the Bounds Testing Approach to Cointegration," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 332, Econometric Society.
- Mark Duggan, 2000.
"More Guns, More Crime,"
NBER Working Papers
7967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- DeAngelo, Gregory, 2012. "Making space for crime: A spatial analysis of criminal competition," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 42-51.
- Guha, Brishti, 2013. "Guns and crime revisited," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 1-10.
- Giuseppe Dari-Mattiacci & Eric Langlais & Bruno Lovat & Francesco Parisi, 2013. "Asymmetries in Rent-Seeking," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-5, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.