Sunk Costs and Firm Value Variability: Theory and Evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 88 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sherrill Shaffer & Iftekhar Hasan & Mingming Zhou, 2008.
"New Small Firms And Dimensions Of Economic Performance,"
CAMA Working Papers
2008-24, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Shaffer , Sherrill & Hasan , Iftekhar & Zhou, Mingming, 2009. "New small firms and dimensions of economic performance," Research Discussion Papers 4/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Marcus Asplund & Volker Nocke, 2003. "Firm Turnover in Imperfectly Competitive Markets," PIER Working Paper Archive 03-010, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- David Greenstreet, 2007. "Exploiting Sequential Learning to Estimate Establishment-Level Productivity Dynamics and Decision Rules," Economics Series Working Papers 345, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Pontus Braunerhjelm, 1999. "Sunk costs, firm size and internationalization," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 135(4), pages 657-674, December.
- Werner Hölzl, 2002. "Exit, Entry and industry turbulence in Austrian Manufacturing, 1981-1994," Working Papers geewp21, Vienna University of Economics Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Lskavyan, Vahe & Spatareanu, Mariana, 2011.
"Shareholder protection, ownership concentration and FDI,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 69-85.
- Lskavyan, Vahe & Spatareanu, Mariana, 2011. "Shareholder protection, ownership concentration and FDI," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Vahe Lskavyan & Mariana Spatareanu, 2010. "Shareholder Protection, Ownership Concentration and FDI," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2010-003, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Adelina Gschwandtner & Val E. Lambson, 2004. "Sunk costs, Profit Volatility, and Turnover," Vienna Economics Papers 0405, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Gschwandtner, Adelina & Lambson, Val E., 2002. "The effects of sunk costs on entry and exit: evidence from 36 countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 109-115, September.
- Pierre Blanchard & Jean-Pierre Huiban & Claude Mathieu, 2012. "The determinants of firm exit in the French food industries," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 93(2), pages 193-212.
- Werner Hölzl, 2003. "Tangible and intangible sunk costs and the entry and exit of firms in Austrian Manufacturing," Working Papers geewp33, Vienna University of Economics Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Pierre Blanchard & Jean-Pierre Huiban & Claude Mathieu, 2012. "The determinants of firm exit in the French food industries," Post-Print hal-00939376, HAL.
- Gabe, Todd M., 2001. "The Effects Of Local Taxes And Spending On Business Startups," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20769, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jonathan P. O'Brien & Timothy B. Folta & Douglas R. Johnson, 2003. "A real options perspective on entrepreneurial entry in the face of uncertainty," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(8), pages 515-533.
- Adelina Gschwandtner & Val E. Lambson, 2009. "Sunk Entry Costs, Sunk Depreciation costs, and Industry Dynamics," Vienna Economics Papers 0902, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.