Changes in Wage-and-Salary Returns to Skill and the Recent Rise in Female Self-Employment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 84 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohapatra, Sandeep & Rozelle, Scott & Goodhue, Rachael, 2007. "The Rise of Self-Employment in Rural China: Development or Distress?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 163-181, January.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Bruce D. Meyer, 2003.
"The Effect of Immigration on Native Self-Employment,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(3), pages 619-650, July.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Bruce D. Meyer, . "The Effect of Immigration on Native Self-Employment," IPR working papers 00-2, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Bruce D. Meyer, 2000. "The Effect of Immigration on Native Self-Employment," NBER Working Papers 7561, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Williams, Donald R., 2012.
"Gender discrimination and self-employment dynamics in Europe,"
The Journal of Socio-Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 153-158.
- Williams, Donald R., 2009. "Gender Discrimination and Self-Employment Dynamics in Europe," IRISS Working Paper Series 2009-20, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2008035 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alessandra Casarico & Paola Profeta & Chiara Pronzato, 2012. "On the local labor market determinants of female university enrolment in European regions," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 278, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Robert W. Fairlie, 2002.
"Drug Dealing and Legitimate Self-Employment,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(3), pages 538-567, July.
- Simoes, Nadia & Moreira, Sandrina B. & Crespo, Nuno, 2013. "Individual Determinants of Self-Employment Entry – What Do We Really Know?," MPRA Paper 48403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gema Álvarez & Carlos Gradín & Mª Soledad Otero, 2013. "Self-Employment: Transition And Earnings Differential," Revista de Economia Aplicada, Universidad de Zaragoza, Departamento de Estructura Economica y Economia Publica, vol. 21(2), pages 61-90, Autumn.
- Parker, Simon C., 2005.
"Entrepreneurship Among Married Couples in the United States: A Simultaneous Probit Approach,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1712, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Parker, Simon C., 2008. "Entrepreneurship among married couples in the United States: A simultaneous probit approach," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 459-481, June.
- Fatma El-Hamidi, 2003. "Labor Supply of Egyptian Married Women When Self-Employment Is An Option: Participation And Hours Of Work," Working Papers 336, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2008.
- Zhang, Qian Forrest & Pan, Zi, 2012. "Women’s Entry into Self-employment in Urban China: The Role of Family in Creating Gendered Mobility Patterns," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1201-1212.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.