The Strategic Value of Flexibility: Reducing the Ability to Compromise
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 78 (1988)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- BOYER, Marcel & MOREAUX, Michel, 1995.
"Capacity Commitment Versus Flexibility: The Technological Choice Nexus in a Strategic Context,"
Cahiers de recherche, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques
9556, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Marcel Boyer & Michel Moreaux, 1995. "Capacity Commitment Versus Flexibility: The Technological Choice Nexus in a Strategic Context," CIRANO Working Papers, CIRANO 95s-35, CIRANO.
- Boyer, Marcel & Moreaux, Michel, 2000. "FlexibilitÃ© et stratÃ©gies dâ€™impartition," L'ActualitÃ© Economique, SociÃ©tÃ© Canadienne de Science Economique, SociÃ©tÃ© Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 76(2), pages 199-224, juin.
- Collan, Mikael, 2004. "Giga-Investments: Modelling the Valuation of Very Large Industrial Real Investments," MPRA Paper 4328, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Broll, Udo & Gilroy, B. Michael & Lukas, Elmar, 2008. "Export production under exchange rate uncertainty," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 08/08, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Fine, Charles H., 1989. "Developments in manufacturing technology and economic evaluation models," Working papers 3012-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Olsen, Trond E. & Stensland, Gunnar, 1996. "On optimal control of income generating activities, and the value of flexible production design," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 349-361.
- Boyer, Marcel, 1996. "Lâ€™Ã©conomie des organisations," L'ActualitÃ© Economique, SociÃ©tÃ© Canadienne de Science Economique, SociÃ©tÃ© Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 72(3), pages 247-274, septembre.
- Nepelski, Daniel, 2009. "Value chain structure and �exible production technologies," MPRA Paper 26236, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Seung-Hyun & Makhija, Mona & Paik, Yongsun, 2008. "The value of real options investments under abnormal uncertainty: The case of the Korean economic crisis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 16-34, January.
- Gal-Or, Esther, 2002. "Flexible manufacturing systems and the internal structure of the firm," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1061-1096, October.
- Price, D. H. R. & Beach, R. & Muhlemann, A. P. & Sharp, J. A. & Paterson, A., 1998. "A system to support the enhancement of strategic flexibility in manufacturing enterprises," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 362-376, September.
- Beach, R. & Muhlemann, A. P. & Price, D. H. R. & Paterson, A. & Sharp, J. A., 2000. "A review of manufacturing flexibility," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 41-57, April.
- Marcel Boyer, 1997. "L'Ã©conomie des organisations : Mythes et rÃ©alitÃ©s," CIRANO Working Papers, CIRANO 97s-02, CIRANO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.