Ambiguity and Insurance Decisions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 75 (1985)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shaw, W. Douglass & Woodward, Richard T., 2008. "Why environmental and resource economists should care about non-expected utility models," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 66-89, January.
- Akay, Alpaslan & Martinsson, Peter & Medhin, Haileselassie & Trautmann, Stefan, 2010.
"Attitudes Toward Uncertainty Among the Poor: Evidence from Rural Ethiopia,"
dp-10-04-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Akay, Alpaslan & Martinsson, Peter & Medhin, Haileselassie & Trautmann, Stefan T., 2009. "Attitudes toward Uncertainty among the Poor: Evidence from Rural Ethiopia," IZA Discussion Papers 4225, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jean Desrochers & J. Francois Outreville, 2013. "Uncertainty, Ambiguity and Risk Taking: an experimental investigation of consumer behavior and demand for insurance," ICER Working Papers 10-2013, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Fujii, Tomoki, 2014.
"Dynamic Poverty Decomposition Analysis: An Application to the Philippines,"
ADBI Working Papers
466, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2012. "Dynamic Poverty Decomposition Analysis: An Application to the Philippines," Working Papers 34-2012, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Anbarci, Nejat & Escaleras, Monica & Register, Charles A., 2005.
"Earthquake fatalities: the interaction of nature and political economy,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1907-1933, September.
- Nejat Anbarci & Monica Escaleras & Charles A. Register, 2004. "Earthquake fatalities: the interaction of nature and political economy," Working Papers 0415, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Feduzi, Alberto & Runde, Jochen, 2011. "The uncertain foundations of the welfare state," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 613-627.
- Ozlem Ozdemir, 2007. "Valuation of Self-Insurance and Self-Protection under Ambiguity: Experimental Evidence," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-034, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Carole Bernard & Shaolin Ji & Weidong Tian, 2013. "An optimal insurance design problem under Knightian uncertainty," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 99-124, November.
- Zimmer, Anja & Schade, Christian & Gründl, Helmut, 2009. "Is default risk acceptable when purchasing insurance? Experimental evidence for different probability representations, reasons for default, and framings," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 11-23, February.
- Peter Wakker & Danielle Timmermans & Irma Machielse, 2007. "The effects of statistical information on risk ambiguity attitudes, and on rational insurance decisions," Natural Field Experiments 00338, The Field Experiments Website.
- Véronique Le Bihan & Sophie Pardo, 2010. "Les limites de la couverture des risques en aquaculture : le cas des conchyliculteurs en France," Working Papers hal-00527115, HAL.
- Ancarani, A. & Di Mauro, C. & D'Urso, D., 2013. "A human experiment on inventory decisions under supply uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 61-73.
- Johanna Etner & Meglena Jeleva & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2009. "Decision theory under uncertainty," Post-Print halshs-00429573, HAL.
- Anna Maffioletti & Michele Santoni, 2005.
"Do Trade Union Leaders Violate Subjective Expected Utility? Some Insights From Experimental Data,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 59(3), pages 207-253, November.
- Anna Maffioletti & Michele Santoni, 2001. "Do trade union leaders violate subjective expected utility? Some insight from experimental data," Departmental Working Papers 2001-15, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Maffioletti, Anna & Santoni, Michele, 2001. "Do Trade Union Leaders Violate Subjective Expected Utility?Some Insights from Experimental Data," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 01-43, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Steul, Martina, 2006. "Does the framing of investment portfolios influence risk-taking behavior? Some experimental results," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 557-570, August.
- W. Viscusi & Harrell Chesson, 1999. "Hopes and Fears: the Conflicting Effects of Risk Ambiguity," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 157-184, October.
- Michael Faure & Karine Fiore, 2008. "The civil liability of European nuclear operators: which coverage for the new 2004 Protocols? Evidence from France," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 227-248, September.
- Langlais, Eric, 2010. "Safety and the Allocation of Costs in Large Accidents," MPRA Paper 25710, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asbjørn Aaheim & Bård Romstad & Håkon Sælen, 2010. "Assessment of risks for adaptation to climate change: the case of land-slides," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 15(7), pages 763-778, October.
- Woodward, Richard T., 1998. "Should Agricultural And Resource Economists Care That The Subjective Expected Utility Hypothesis Is False?," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20941, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.