The Influence of Hymer's Dissertation on the Theory of Foreign Direct Investment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 75 (1985)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richards, Malika & Yang, Yi, 2007. "Determinants of foreign ownership in international R&D joint ventures: Transaction costs and national culture," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 110-130, June.
- Dunning, John H., 2006. "When I met Hymer: Some personal recollections," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 115-123, April.
- Mann, Catherine L., 1993.
"Determinants of Japanese direct investment in US manufacturing industries,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 523-541, October.
- Catherine L. Mann, 1989. "Determinants of Japanese direct investment in U.S. manufacturing industries," International Finance Discussion Papers 362, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael & Gries, Thomas & Naudé, Willem & Schmidt, Karl-Heinz & Bauer, Norbert, 2001. "Multinational Enterprises in Africa - A Study of German Firms in South Africa," MPRA Paper 17868, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Sali & Tallman, Stephen B. & Ferreira, Manuel P., 2005. "Developing the eclectic paradigm as a model of global strategy: An application to the impact of the Sep. 11 terrorist attacks on MNE performance levels," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 479-496, December.
- Seyoum, Belay, 2007. "Trade liberalization and patterns of strategic adjustment in the US textiles and clothing industry," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 109-135, February.
- Kim, Young Sang & Mathur, Ike, 2008. "The impact of geographic diversification on firm performance," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 747-766, September.
- Buckley, Peter J., 2006. "Stephen Hymer: Three phases, one approach?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 140-147, April.
- Marchant, Mary A. & Saghaian, Sayed H. & Vickner, Steven S., 1999. "Trade And Foreign Direct Investment Management Strategies For U.S. Processed Food Firms In China," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 2(02).
- Koen de Backer, 2002. "Does foreign direct investment crowd out domestic entrepreneurship?," Economics Working Papers 618, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Subramanian Rangan & Robert Z. Lawrence, 1999. "Search and Deliberation in International Exchange: Learning from Multinational Trade About Lags, Distance Effects, and Home Bias," NBER Working Papers 7012, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dauti, Bardhyl, 2008. "Determinants of Foreign Direct Ivestment inflow in South East European Countries - Panel Estimation," MPRA Paper 18273, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Merchant, Hemant, 2005. "The structure-performance relationship in international joint ventures: a comparative analysis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 41-56, February.
- Pitelis, Christos & Teece, David, 2010.
"Cross-border Market Co-creation, Dynamic Capabilities and the Entrepreneurial Theory of the Multinational Enterprise,"
23301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christos N. Pitelis & David J. Teece, 2010. "Cross-border market co-creation, dynamic capabilities and the entrepreneurial theory of the multinational enterprise," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 1247-1270, August.
- Alan M. Rugman & Nessara Sukpanich, 2006. "Firm-Specific Advantages Intra-Regional Sales and Performance of Multinational Enterprises," Working Papers 2006-19, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Pearce, Robert & Papanastassiou, Marina, 2006. "To 'almost see the world': Hierarchy and strategy in Hymer's view of the multinational," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 151-165, April.
- Deshpande, Shreesh & Svetina, Marko & Zhu, PengCheng, 2012. "Analyst coverage of acquiring firms and value creation in cross-border acquisitions," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 212-229.
- Merchant, Hemant, 2012. "The characteristics and stock-market performance of international joint ventures located in three host-country groups: An extension and empirical validation," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1173-1189.
- Oksanen, Olli-Pekka, 2006. "Are Foreign Investments Replacing Domestic Investments? - Evidence from Finnish Manufacturing," Discussion Papers 1001, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.