Mortgage Interest Rates in the Populist Era
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 74 (1984)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Rodney Ramcharan, 2009.
"Land and Credit: A Study of the Political Economy of Banking in the United States in the Early 20th Century,"
NBER Working Papers
15083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Rodney Ramcharan, 2011. "Land and Credit: A Study of the Political Economy of Banking in the United States in the Early 20th Century," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(6), pages 1895-1931, December.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2008.
"Sui Generis EMU,"
European Economy - Economic Papers
303, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Kris J. Mitchener & Mari Ohnuki, 2008. "Institutions, Competition, and Capital Market Integration in Japan," NBER Working Papers 14090, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Efraim Benmelech & Tobias J. Moskowitz, 2010.
"The Political Economy of Financial Regulation: Evidence from U.S. State Usury Laws in the 19th Century,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 65(3), pages 1029-1073, 06.
- Efraim Benmelech & Tobias J. Moskowitz, 2007. "The Political Economy of Financial Regulation: Evidence from U.S. State Usury Laws in the 19th Century," NBER Working Papers 12851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Landon-Lane & Hugh Rockoff, 2004. "Monetary Policy and Regional Interest Rates in the United States, 1880-2002," NBER Working Papers 10924, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Richard S. & Imai, Masami, 2008. "The evolution of a national banking market in pre-war Japan," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Hugh Rockoff, 2003. "Prodigals and Projecture: An Economic History of Usury Laws in the United States from Colonial Times to 1900," NBER Working Papers 9742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudia M. Buch, 2000. "Financial Market Integration in the US: Lessons for Europe?," Kiel Working Papers 1004, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Gustavo S. Cortes & Renato L. Marcondes & Maria Dolores M. Diaz, 2011. "Beyond Banks and Stocks: A Study of Industrial Mortgages for the City of São Paulo, Brazil (1866-1914)," Working Papers 09-2011, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- John C. Driscoll, 2003.
"Does bank lending affect output? evidence from the U.S. states,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2003-31, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Driscoll, John C., 2004. "Does bank lending affect output? Evidence from the U.S. states," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 451-471, April.
- Massimiliano Affinito & Fabio Farabullini, 2006. "An empirical analysis of national differences in the retail bank interest rates of the euro area," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 589, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Gendreau, Brian C., 1999. "Risk Structure of Postbellum U.S. Deposit Rates," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 409-427, October.
- Kris James Mitchener & Mari Ohnuki, 2008. "Institutions, Competition, and Capital Market Integration in Japan," IMES Discussion Paper Series 08-E-12, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.