Consensus and Dissension among Economists: An Empirical Inquiry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 74 (1984)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Walter Block & Michael A. Walker, 1988. "Entropy in the Canadian Economics Profession: Sampling Consensus on the Major Issues," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 14(2), pages 137-150, June.
- Daniel B. Klein & Stewart Dompe, 2007. "Reasons for Supporting the Minimum Wage: Asking Signatories of the "Raise the Minimum Wage" Statement," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 4(1), pages 125-167, January.
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik & Stern, Charlotta, 2007.
"The Political Opinions of Swedish Social Scientists,"
Ratio Working Papers
112, The Ratio Institute.
- Niclas Berggren & Henrik Jordahl & Charlotta Stern, 2009. "The Political Opinions of Swedish Social Scientists," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 75-88, Autumn.
- Berggren, Niclas & Jordahl, Henrik & Stern, Charlotta, 2007. "The Political Opinions of Swedish Social Scientists," Working Paper Series 711, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Brian Goff, 2010. "Do differences in presidential economic advisers matter?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 142(3), pages 279-291, March.
- Hans Pitlik, 2001. "Politikberatung der Öffentlichkeit?," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 2(1), pages 61-73, 02.
- Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2004.
"(Why) Are Economists Different?,"
University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2004
2004-18, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Bruno Frey, 2006. "How Influential is Economics?," De Economist, Springer, vol. 154(2), pages 295-311, June.
- Karl Aiginger & Mark McCabe & Dennis Mueller & Christoph Weiss, 2001. "Do American and European Industrial Organization Economists Differ?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 383-404, December.
- Timothy C. Haab & John C. Whitehead, 2013. "What do Environmental and Resource Economists Think? Results from a Survey of AERE Members," Working Papers 13-19, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Hendrik P. Van Dalen & Kène Henkens, 2012. "What is on a Demographerâ€™s Mind?," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 26(16), pages 363-408, May.
- Urzúa, Carlos M., 2006. "Consensos y disensos entre los economistas mexicanos," EGAP Working Papers 2006-04, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México.
- Dan Šťastný, 2011. "Checking The Czechs: Consensus And Dissention Among Czech Economists," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(4), pages 366-380.
- Lucey, Brian M. & Delaney, Liam, 2007. "A psychological, attitudinal and professional profile of Irish economists," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 841-855, December.
- Orazem, Peter & Mattila, J. Peter, 2002.
"Minimum Wage Effects on Hours, Employment and Number of Firms: The Iowa Case,"
Staff General Research Papers
4053, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Peter F. Orazem & J. Peter Mattila, 2002. "Minimum Wage Effects on Hours, Employment, and Number of Firms: The Iowa Case," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 23(1), pages 3-23, January.
- Daniel Sutter, 1998. "Calculation of Self-Interest and Constitutional Consensus: The Role of Ideology," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 323-333, December.
- Bruno S. Frey, .
"Was bewirkt die Volkswirtschaftslehre?,"
IEW - Working Papers
024, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.