Security Price Changes and Transaction Volumes: Theory and Evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 65 (1975)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moosa, Imad A. & Silvapulle, Param, 2000. "The price-volume relationship in the crude oil futures market Some results based on linear and nonlinear causality testing," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 11-30, February.
- Weihong HUANG & Wanying Wang, 2012. "Price-Volume Relations in Financial Market," Economic Growth centre Working Paper Series 1209, Nanyang Technolgical University, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Economic Growth centre.
- Kumar, Brajesh & Singh, Priyanka & Pandey, Ajay, . "The Dynamic Relationship between Price and Trading Volume:Evidence from Indian Stock Market," IIMA Working Papers WP2009-12-04, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Wei-Xing Zhou, 2007. "Universal price impact functions of individual trades in an order-driven market," Papers 0708.3198, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2008.
- Kelly, David L. & Steigerwald, Douglas G, 2003.
"Private Information and High-Frequency Stochastic Volatility,"
University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series
qt00n4h4mw, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Kelly David L. & Steigerwald Douglas G, 2004. "Private Information and High-Frequency Stochastic Volatility," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-30, March.
- Olan T. Henry & Michael McKenzie, 2003.
"The Impact of Short Selling on the Price–Volume Relationship: Evidence from Hong Kong,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
869, The University of Melbourne.
- Olan T. Henry & Michael McKenzie, 2004. "The Impact of Short Selling on the Price-Volume Relationship: Evidence from Hong Kong," Working Papers 032004, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Brajesh Kumar & Priyanka Singh & Ajay Pandey, 2010. "The Dynamic Relationship between Price and Trading Volume: Evidence from Indian Stock Market," Working Papers id:2379, eSocialSciences.
- Avouyi-Dovi, S. & Jondeau, E. & Lai Tong, C., 1997. "Effets “volume”, volatilité et transmissions internationales sur les marchés boursiers dans le G5," Working papers 42, Banque de France.
- Assogbavi, T. & Khoury, N. & Yourougou, P., 1995. "Short interest and the asymmetry of the price-volume relationship in the Canadian stock market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(8), pages 1341-1358, November.
- Merrick, John J. & Naik, Narayan Y. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2004. "Strategic trading behavior and price distortion in a manipulated market: Anatomy of a squeeze," CFR Working Papers 04-07, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Gregory R. Duffee, 2001. "Asymmetric cross-sectional dispersion in stock returns: evidence and implications," Working Paper Series 2000-18, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Moosa, Imad A. & Al-Loughani, Nabeel E., 1995. "Testing the price-volume relation in emerging Asian stock markets," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 407-422.
- Merrick, John Jr & Naik, Narayan Y. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2005. "Strategic trading behavior and price distortion in a manipulated market: anatomy of a squeeze," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 171-218, July.
- Alessandro Beber, 1999. "Il dibattito su dignità ed efficacia dell'analisi tecnica nell'economia finanziaria," Alea Tech Reports 003, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 14 Jun 2008.
- Paul D. McNelis & Carrie K.C. Chan, 2004. "Deflationary Dynamics in Hong Kong: Evidence from Linear and Neural Network Regime Switching Models," Working Papers 212004, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- repec:fip:fedfap:2000-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Taisei Kaizoji, 2013. "Modeling of Stock Returns and Trading Volume," Papers 1309.2416, arXiv.org.
- Saatcioglu, Kemal & Starks, Laura T., 1998. "The stock price-volume relationship in emerging stock markets: the case of Latin America," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 215-225, June.
- Hodgson, Allan & Masih, A. Mansur M. & Masih, Rumi, 2006. "Futures trading volume as a determinant of prices in different momentum phases," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 68-85.
- Sadayuki Ono, 2007. "Option Pricing under Stochastic Volatility and Trading Volume," Discussion Papers 07/05, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Anirut Pisedtasalasai & Abeyratna Gunasekarage, 2007. "Causal and Dynamic Relationships among Stock Returns, Return Volatility and Trading Volume: Evidence from Emerging markets in South-East Asia," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 277-297, December.
- Hayashida, Minoru & Ono, Hiroyuki, 2010. "Capital gains tax and individual trading: The case of Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 243-253, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.