Optimal regulation of health system with induced demand and 'ex post' moral hazard
AbstractIn this paper, we analyze the joint regulation of health care providers and health insurance contracts in a framework which contains both induced demand effects from physicians and ex post moral hazard behaviors from patients. After defining a framework where these two kinds of behaviors can be compatible, we exhibit that contrary to what we can observe in practice, a regulation that contains incentives on only one sector may be dominated by a policy-mix regulation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (2006)
Issue (Month): 83-84 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bardey, David & Canta, Chiara & Lozachmeur, Jean-Marie, 2012.
"The regulation of health care providers’ payments when horizontal and vertical differentiation matter,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 691-704.
- BARDEY, David & CANTA, Chiara & LOZACHMEUR, Jean-Marie, . "The regulation of health care providers' payments when horizontal and vertical differentiation matter," CORE Discussion Papers RP, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) -2441, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jacques Drèze & Erik Schokkaert, 2013.
"Arrow’s theorem of the deductible: Moral hazard and stop-loss in health insurance,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer,
Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 147-163, October.
- DREZE, Jacques & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, 2012. "Arrow’s theorem of the deductible: moral hazard and stop-loss in health insurance," CORE Discussion Papers, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) 2012027, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Barigozzi, Francesca & Levaggi, Rosella, 2008. "Emotions in physician agency," Health Policy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 1-14, October.
- Philippe Batifoulier, 2014. "De l’aléa moral du patient aux inégalités d’accès aux soins," EconomiX Working Papers, University of Paris West - Nanterre la DÃ©fense, EconomiX 2014-7, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.