Stratégies de revente à perte et réglementation
AbstractWe study price competition on a homogenous good market between a hypermarket and a small shop. The hypermarket also offers another independent product whereas the small shop is assumed to be geographically closer to consumers. We show the existence of an equilibrium where the hypermarket resells at a loss the good that the small shop does not offer. A loss leader banning law may in such a context lower consumers'surplus. We further explore some implications concerning French regulation by competition authorities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): 77 ()
Other versions of this item:
- Claire Chambolle, 2000. "Stratégies de revente à perte et réglementation," Working Papers, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique 2000-52, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rey, Patrick & Chen, Zhijun, 2010.
"Loss Leading as an Exploitative Practice,"
TSE Working Papers, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE)
10-218, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Dec 2011.
- Zhijun Chen & Patrick Rey, 2012. "Loss Leading as an Exploitative Practice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 102(7), pages 3462-82, December.
- Rey, Patrick & Chen, Zhijun, 2010. "Loss Leading as an Exploitative Practice," IDEI Working Papers, Institut d'Ãconomie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse 658, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised Dec 2011.
- Zhijun Chen & Patrick Rey, 2010. "Loss Leading as an Exploitative Practice," Working Papers, HAL hal-00540724, HAL.
- Marie-Laure Allain & Claire Chambolle, 2004.
"Loss-leaders Banning Laws as Vertical Restraints,"
Working Papers, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique
2004-19, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Allain Marie-Laure & Chambolle Claire, 2005. "Loss-Leaders Banning Laws as Vertical Restraints," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-25, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.