Concurrence et antisélection multidimensionnelle en assurance
Abstractln the Rothschild and Stiglitz model, assuming differences in risk aversions may lead to unusual equilibrium configurations like multiple equilibria, equilibrium positive profits, or random contracts. We characterize the various types of equilibria and give results on the determinants of the equilibrium regime. We conclude with a few remarks on classical equilibrium concepts in insurance economics, and we suggest policy implications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): 69 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barelli, Paulo & Basov, Suren & Bugarin, Mauricio & King, Ian King, 2010.
"The Inclusiveness of Exclusion,"
Insper Working Papers
wpe_211, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Valentino Dardanoni & Paolo Li Donni, 2012.
"Incentive and Selection Effects of Medigap Insurance on Inpatient Care,"
EIEF Working Papers Series
1203, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised Feb 2012.
- Dardanoni, Valentino & Li Donni, Paolo, 2012. "Incentive and selection effects of Medigap insurance on inpatient care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 457-470.
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2005.
"Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice,"
04-031, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2007. "Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 745-788, June.
- Alma Cohen & Liran Einav, 2005. "Estimating Risk Preferences from Deductible Choice," NBER Working Papers 11461, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel McFadden & Carlos Noton & Pau Olivella, 2013. "Minimum Coverage Regulation in Insurance Markets," Documentos de Trabajo 301, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Paulo Barelli & Suren Basov & Mauricio Bugarin & Ian King, 2012.
"The Robustness of Exclusion in Multi-dimensional Screening,"
RCER Working Papers
571, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Paulo Barelli & Suren Basov & Mauricio Bugarin & Ian King, 2012. "The Robustness of Exclusion in Multi-dimensional Screening," RCER Working Papers 576, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- OLIVELLA, Pau & SCHROYEN, Fred, 2011.
"Multidimensional screening in a monopolistic insurance market,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2011056, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pau Olivella & Fred Schroyen, 2012. "Multidimensional Screening in a Monopolistic Insurance Market," Working Papers 619, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Olivella, Pau & Schroyen, Fred, 2011. "Multidimensional screening in a monopolistic insurance market," Discussion Paper Series in Economics 19/2011, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Sonnenholzner, Michael & Wambach, Achim, 2006. "On the role of patience in an insurance market with asymmetric information," CFS Working Paper Series 2007/04, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Georges Dionne & Nathalie Fombaron & Neil Doherty, 2012. "Adverse Selection in Insurance Contracting," Cahiers de recherche 1231, CIRPEE.
- Legal, Renaud & Plisson, Manuel, 2008. "Assurance dépendance, effets de sélection et antisélection," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5055, Paris Dauphine University.
- Nick Netzer & Florian Scheuer, 2010.
"Competitive screening in insurance markets with endogenous wealth heterogeneity,"
Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 187-211, August.
- Nick Netzer & Florian Scheuer, 2009. "Competitive Screening in Insurance Markets with Endogenous Wealth Heterogeneity," Working Papers 0907, University of Zurich, Socioeconomic Institute, revised Jun 2009.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.