Estimation of Fractionally ARIMA Models for the UK Unemployment
AbstractThe UK unemployment is examined by means of ARFIMA models using Sowell's  estimation procedure. A model-selection strategy based on diagnostic tests on the residuals, along with likelihood criteria is adopted to determine the correct model specification. The results suggest that the UK unemployment is well described as an ARFIMA model, with the order of integration fluctuating between 1 and 2. Thus, the standard approach of first differences leads to series with long memory behaviour.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (2001)
Issue (Month): 62 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dufrenot, Gilles & Guegan, Dominique & Peguin-Feissolle, Anne, 2005.
"Long-memory dynamics in a SETAR model - applications to stock markets,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 391-406, December.
- Gilles Dufrénot & Dominique Guegan & Anne Peguin-Feissolle, 2005. "Long-memory dynamics in a SETAR model - Applications to stock markets," Post-Print halshs-00179339, HAL.
- Gilles Dufrenot & Dominique Guegan & Anne Peguin-Feissolle, 2008.
"Changing-regime volatility: a fractionally integrated SETAR model,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(7), pages 519-526.
- Anne Peguin-Feissolle & Gilles Dufrénot & Dominique Guegan, 2006. "Changing-regime volatility : A fractionally integrated SETAR model," Working Papers halshs-00410540, HAL.
- Fernando Sanchez Losada & Daniel Cardona, 2005.
"The Unemployment Benefit System: a Redistributive or an Insurance Institution?,"
Working Papers in Economics
129, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Daniel Cardona & Fernando Sánchez-Losada, 2004. "The Unemployment Benefit System: a Redistributive or an Insurance Institution?," DEA Working Papers 8, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.