La relation entre le taux des crédits et le coût des ressources bancaires. Modélisation et estimation sur données individuelles de banques
AbstractIn this paper, we first derive a theoretical model in which bank loans rates are assumed to be determined by the cost of loans (re)financing. We consider that imperfect competition prevails on the credit market and that banks determine the (re-)financing structure of the loans they grant by maximizing their profit, taking account of the loans demand elasticity. This model is then estimated using a panel of French banks. The estimation results indicate that banks get the necessary resources to refinance their loans, by decreasing importance, from the monetary market, from the financial market and from interest-bearings deposits. An increase of one point in the monetary base rate is shown to have an impact of about 0.8 point on banks loans rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (2000)
Issue (Month): 59 ()
Other versions of this item:
- Baumel, L. & Sevestre, P., 1998. "La relation entre le taux des credits et le cout des ressources bancaires. Modelisation et estimation sur donnees individuelles de banques," Working papers 48, Banque de France.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frappa, Sebastien & Murez, Michèle & Montornès, Jérémi & Barbier de la Serre, Anne, 2008. "Bank interest rates pass-through: new evidence from French panel data," MPRA Paper 26709, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Loupias, Claire & Savignac, Frédérique & Sevestre, Patrick, 2001. "Monetary policy and bank lending in France: are there asymmetries?," Working Paper Series 0101, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.