A New Estimator for Panel Data Sample Selection Models
AbstractIn this paper we are concerned with the estimation of a panel data sample selection model where both the selection and the regression equation contain individual effects allowed to be correlated with the observable variables. In this direction, some estimation techniques have been recently developed. We propose a new method for correcting for sample selection bias. Our estimation procedure is an extension of the familiar two-step sample selection technique to the case where one correlated selection rule in two different time periods generates the sample. Some non-parametric components are allowed. The finite sample properties of the estimator are investigated by Monte Carlo simulation experiments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (1999)
Issue (Month): 55-56 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wladimir Raymond & Pierre Mohnen & Franz Palm & Sybrand Schim van der Loeff, 2007.
"The Behavior of the Maximum Likelihood Estimator of Dynamic Panel Data Sample Selection Models,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1992, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mohnen, Pierre & Raymond, Wladimir & Palm, Franz & Schim van der Loeff, Sybrand, 2007. "The Behavior of the Maximum Likelihood Estimator of Dynamic Panel Data Sample Selection Models," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 007, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Wladimir Raymond & Pierre Mohnen & Franz Palm & Sybrand Schim van der Loeff, 2007. "The Behavior of the Maximum Likelihood Estimator of Dynamic Panel Data Sample Selection Models," CIRANO Working Papers 2007s-06, CIRANO.
- Horst, J.R. ter & Nijman, T.E. & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 1998.
"Eliminating biases in evaluating mutual fund performance from a survivorship free sample,"
98.55, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jenke R. ter Horst & Theo E. Nijman & Marno Verbeek, 1998. "Eliminating Biases in Evaluating Mutual Fund Performance from a Survivorship Free Sample," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces9820, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Robin G. Milne & Robert E. Wright, 2004. "Competition and Costs: Evidence from Competitive Tendering in the Scottish National Health Service," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 51(1), pages 1-23, 02.
- Giannetti, C., 2009.
"Relationship Lending and Firm Innovativeness,"
2009-08, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Guastella, G. & Moro, D. & Sckokai, P. & Veneziani, M., 2013.
"The Capitalization of Area Payment into Land Rental Prices: Micro-evidence from Italy,"
2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C.
150617, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Moro, D. & Guastella, G. & Sckokai, P. & Veneziani, M., 2013. "The Capitalization of Area Payment into Land Rental Prices: Micro-evidence from Italy," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149746, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Elek, Peter & Kollo, Janos & Reizer, Balázs & Szabó, Péter A., 2011. "Detecting Wage Under-reporting Using a Double Hurdle Model," IZA Discussion Papers 6224, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Jäckle, 2007.
"Health and Wages - Panel data estimates considering selection and endogeneity,"
Ifo Working Paper Series
Ifo Working Paper No. 43, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Robert Jäckle & Oliver Himmler, 2010. "Health and Wages: Panel Data Estimates Considering Selection and Endogeneity," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 45(2).
- Jäckle, Robert & Himmler, Oliver, 2007. "Health and Wages - Panel data estimates considering selection and endogeneity," MPRA Paper 11578, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2008.
- Peter Elek & Janos Kollo & Balazs Reizer & Peter A. Szabo, 2012. "Detecting Wage Under-Reporting Using a Double Hurdle Model," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 1201, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Spiess, Martin & Kroh, Martin, 2010. "A Selection Model for Panel Data: The Prospects of Green Party Support," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.