Inference in Codependence : Some Monte Carlo Results and Applications
AbstractIn this paper, we investigate through Monte Carlo simulations the behavior of the codependence testing procedure (Gouriéroux et Peaucelle ) in small samples and in various usual statistical situations. Our results suggest that, except for the pure MA(q) case, important power losses may occur. The simulation results are illustrated by an analysis of Okun's law conducted for the main OECD countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (1999)
Issue (Month): 54 ()
Other versions of this item:
- Michel Beine & Alain Hecq, 1999. "Inference in codependence: some Monte Carlo results and applications," ULB Institutional Repository, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles 2013/10457, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alain W. HECQ, 2005. "Common Trends and Common Cycles in Latin America: A 2-step vs an Iterative Approach," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005, Society for Computational Economics 258, Society for Computational Economics.
- Alain Hecq & Franz Palm & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2000. "Testing for Common Cyclical Features in Nonstationary Panel Data Models," CESifo Working Paper Series, CESifo Group Munich 248, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alain Hecq & Franz Palm & Jean-Pierre Urbain, 2001. "Testing for Common Cyclical Features in Var Models with Cointegration," CESifo Working Paper Series, CESifo Group Munich 451, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michel Beine & Bertrand Candelon & Alain Hecq, 2000. "Assessing a Perfect European Optimum Currency Area: A Common Cycles Approach," Empirica, Springer, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 115-132, June.
- Candelon, Bertrand & Hecq, Alain & Verschoor, Willem F.C., 2005. "Measuring common cyclical features during financial turmoil: Evidence of interdependence not contagion," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1317-1334, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.