A Comparative Performance Study of Postal Services: A Productive Efficiency Approach
AbstractThis paper first discusses the notion of economic performance as applied to public enterprises and argues that productive efficiency is an attractive approach to performance measurement for such firms. It then presents an empirical efficiency study of postal services which is aimed at comparing productive performance indicators across countries and at testing the effect of competition and regulation on these indicators.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by ENSAE in its journal Annals of Economics and Statistics.
Volume (Year): (1994)
Issue (Month): 33 ()
Other versions of this item:
- Perelman, S. & Pestieau, J., . "A comparative performance study of postal services: a productive efficiency approach," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1083, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hofman, Lucile & Plane, Patrick, 2001. "Électricité en Afrique et performance productive," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 77(3), pages 385-408, septembre.
- Massimo Filippini & Martin Koller, 2012. "Cost Efficiency Measurement in Postal Delivery Networks," Quaderni della facoltÃ di Scienze economiche dell'UniversitÃ di Lugano 1206, USI Università della Svizzera italiana.
- Dicke, Hugo & Glismann, Hans H. & Horn, Ernst-Jürgen, 1995. "Zur Reform des Postwesens in Deutschland," Kiel Working Papers 688, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Julien Lévêque & William Roy, 2004. "Quelles avancées permettent les techniques de frontière dans la mesure de l'efficience des exploitants de transport urbain ?," Post-Print halshs-00091900, HAL.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Lesley Potters & Marco Vivarelli & Peter Voigt, 2010.
"Corporate R&D and firm efficiency: Evidence from Europe’s top R&D investors,"
JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation
2010-11, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Raquel Ortega-Argilés & Lesley Potters & Marco Vivarelli & Peter Voigt, 2012. "Corporate R&D and firm efficiency: evidence from Europe’s top R&D investors," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 125-140, April.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Ortega-Argilés, Raquel & Potters, Lesley & Vivarelli, Marco & Voigt, Peter, 2009. "Corporate R&D and Firm Efficiency: Evidence from Europe’s Top R&D Investors," IZA Discussion Papers 4657, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dicke, Hugo, 1995. "Die Reform des Postwesens in Deutschland," Kiel Discussion Papers 258, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Robert Gary-Bobo).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.